High Tech Campus 60, Eindhoven
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Our client has developed a state of the art VDI Windows concept based on the latest technologies and security requirements to support the R&D business and designers to work securely. Their IT organization works in a DevOps model where you will be become a member of the team and will contribute to designing and building two new environments and maintaining the current solution. It’s your daily job to support, improve and extend this solution.
You have hands-on experience managing Citrix solutions (Citrix Apps and Desktops, XenDesktop 7.x) and building / configuring Citrix solutions. You have the skills to update and extend our current VDI design and you are that team player who has experience and willingness to share your knowledge / experience with our team.
Automation experience is a big plus, for setting the first steps in automating the build / deployment process of the two new environments is part of the project.
You live in a reasonable distance from the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven because you have to be in the office regularly due to security requirements which are applicable to supporting our solution. So your work will be a mix of working from home and at the office. In case of calamities, you will be required to work outside office hours.
Are you that Citrix guru with a Security mindset than we are looking for you to join the team!
- Migration planning and building / migration of the existing Citrix environment to a greenfield Citrix environment in a new build Active Directory
- Co-Design the new Citrix environments in AMEC / APAC and build them together with team
- Implementing – building, configuring - and maintaining the Citrix components in the environment. Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare technologies.
- Maintain continuous operations, and provide improvements
- Assess and troubleshoot performance issues for users on the Citrix environment
- Work in the DevOps team and share knowledge to provide the best performing VDI environment, opt new ideas further improving the solution or the deployment methodology (automation)
- Strong will to troubleshoot and solve technical issues together with the team and individually as well
- Work together with the product owner on the roadmap and technical planning
- Create and maintain technical documentation and designs (High level and Low level)
A high-tech organisation in Eindhoven.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or related field, IT related training and experience
- Over 4 years of experience with Citrix products:
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Citrix Netscaler, Citrix Director, Citrix Storefront, Citrix Provisioning (PVS and MCS)
- Experience in the following components is mandatory:
- Citrix App Layering (formerly known as Unidesk)
- Citrix Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- VMWare vSphere 6.7 / ESXi
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Group Policies
- Building Windows Desktop Windows 10 OS image for VDI’s
- Storage products (netapp)
- Understanding of networking/firewalls
- Knowledge of the following components is a plus:
- Experienced in scripting languages, Citrix / VMWare / Windows platform related
- Experienced on development, automation
- Working in Agile/DevOps approach, using collaboration tools like Jira, Git
- Strong technical overall skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English!)
Training and Certificates
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N) or Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) Version 6 or higher