Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Industrial, Engineering, IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be responsible for the understanding and adoption of customer’s and user’s needs in the development of software products for professionals in the semiconductor world
You are challenged to introduce and apply User Research and Validation practices in our existing Agile SW development processes, in communication and collaboration with UX designers and other stakeholders.
As Senior Usability Researcher you are expected to help the UX competence lead to implement User Centered Design and to pioneer in a heavily technology driven company.
Being a research specialist, you are positioned to understand both the customer’s elicit needs, as well as the (potential) competitive edge of our product better than most. For this reason, you are expected to be a strong influencer for the product’s business value.
Context of the position
The position is available within the System Function group of the Overlay Department in the Applications Business Line.
The core of your work will entail designing, conducting and analysing quantitative and qualitative user research and validation for complex data driven process design products. You make concrete recommendations for further product development. You collaborate with UX designers, product architects, customer service and development and engineering (D&E) to make sure the findings of your research are integrated and that we are creating the right products for our customers, with the quality that they need.
Next to this, you will be pioneering to develop and embed user research practices into our product development processes.
- Providing high quality personas and descriptions of typical customer environments
- Designing, conducting and analysing quantitative and qualitative user research
- Designing, conducting and analysing validation studies for UX designs and product concepts
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master Degree in interaction design, human computer interaction, psychology, cognitive science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of relevant user research experience in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions.
- Previous experience in conducting research in Europe, US and Asia is a strong pre.
- You are curious and inquisitive by nature
- You are an effective communicator who is willing to prove yourself in a company with highly talented and opinionated individuals
- You are able to act fast and pragmatically while keeping the high level overview, you keep a positive mindset regardless of the challenges that lay ahead of you
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Empathic mind that allows you to step into the user/customer’s shoes
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Collaborative team player
- Independent, Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker
- Proficiency in English