Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
We’re looking for a System test engineer to join our System team.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning, our commitment to diversity & inclusion, and our flexible work approach, creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
If you are a passionate system tester, this could be a perfect next step to a role in integration testing in IoT for Lighting.
As system test engineer you work on cutting edge IoT solution for Lighting applications. You‘ll be responsible for devising and executing test strategy and analysing results in a systematic manner. This position involves thorough understanding of testing methodologies, tools, and process to assess the system operation, reliability and usability of integrated hardware and software applications such as Mobile Application, Cloud Application, and Embedded Firmware.
What you’ll do
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole
- Test and prove that the software meets requirements
- Prove for scalability and performance of a software
- Detect and describe bug issues
- Where possible, do an initial analysis to locate the component causing the issue
- Work with software developers and validation engineers to follow up on issues
- Report test progress to relevant stakeholders
- Advise the Project Leader / release train engineer on ability to release
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality products, systems and services. And our connected lighting offerings bring light and the data they collect to devices, places and people - redefining what light can do and how people use it. Our innovations contribute to a safer, smarter more sustainable world.
- Critical thinker and hands-on problem-solving attitude
- Strong collaborator who keeps stakeholders and team members informed
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good communicator; willing to listen and speak-up
- Result driven, pragmatic mindset, with attention to detail whilst keeping focus on Big Picture
- Feeling comfortable in an agile development environment
- Technical Academic/University degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Engineering of Computer Science from an accredited institution
- 1-3 years of Hardware/Software test experience
- Working knowledge of Web applications, Mobile applications, and Embedded firmware
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- You love and have a deep understanding of QA
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs), API Testing
- Experience with development tooling (e.g., JIRA, Confluence or comparable)
- Strong analytical skills