Secondment via YER
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Do you want to lead controls projects and manage technical support on controls, instrumentation and electrical subjects within a very dynamic environment? Then read the description below!
- Performing existing control enhancements in house as well as commissioning and start up of control systems in the field.
- Generating control product specs for modifications and/or creation of new controlling software and hardware for control system installation jobs.
- Perform control logic troubleshooting on gas turbines on site or by remote log in.
- Effectively lead and manage projects on controls ensuring that milestones are kept.
- Responsible for schedule and planning for control systems related development projects.
- Advise Commercial department on quotations regarding controls (checking specifications, writing technical parts of the offer, etc.).
- Perform analysis on Gas turbines through the remote monitoring system and write evaluation and diagnostics reports.
- Work directly with external vendors, perform factory acceptance testing and support installation and validation of systems in the field
- Research and advice about new potential development and innovation opportunities.
- Provide specialist engineering, commissioning support and field service support.
- Ensure the data exchange between other engineering groups and other ATH departments, especially with the field service organization and commercial teams
- Responsible for technical matters regarding controls, electrical and instrumentation.
- Writing technical specifications, Engineering information letters
Our client Ansaldo Thomassen B.V. (ATH) is the leading high-technology after market service provider for multi-OEM platform gas turbine plants worldwide. Their mission is to support customers in their needs by providing flexible and reliable gas turbine products and services to improve the total life cycle costs and to reduce carbon footprint.
Their vision is to supply cost-effective advanced retrofit solutions for a Clean Energy World. ATH is leading a consortium targeting the demonstration of gas turbine retrofit technology for hydrogen. This technology will allow flex operation from 0-100% hydrogen in machines sized from 1MW to 300MW.
The significant growth of renewables (solar and wind) in markets such as Europe have highlighted the tremendous opportunity and need for balancing with fast/flexible/clean electrical generation. Gas turbines offer the ideal solution for grid balancing, and many gas turbines in Europe are restarting to take advantage of the opportunity. By harvesting the excess electricity in peak renewable generation periods through the production of hydrogen, and then releasing this fuel into gas turbines when renewable generation swings to under supply, existing gas turbines can be effectively retrofitted to become super batteries. Balancing the electrical grid with carbon free hydrogen fuel is becoming a primary focus for economic stimulus in Europe. ATH is actively involved leading this technology evolution with our retrofits for renewables.
Working at Ansaldo means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. We offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development, and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. We coordinate the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this and every employee has an annual training budget for this.
ATH has a collegial working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together we work on the organizational goals and where necessary, we are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer.
ATH is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future. Would you like to be part of this transition?
- M.Sc. in Electrical/Electronics/Physics or B.Sc. with equivalent experience in a similar job
- 5-10 years experience with gas turbines and applied turbine control systems.
- Experience in programming Speedtronic control systems and/or Siemens PLC’s.
- Knowledge about control and protection systems of driven equipment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Self starter
- Able to work under pressure and to set priorities.
- Team player
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch and/or another European language