Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Gilde Healthcare offers a 'family friendly', flexible place to work and a career path with a sustainable work-life balance.
In this (Senior) Associate role you will support the European based venture and growth capital partners. You will focus on the health tech investment franchise which comprises medtech, digital health, diagnostics and life sciences tools investments. You will become an integral member of the Gilde Healthcare investment team, and be involved in deal sourcing, analysis, due diligence, closing, value creation and exits for both new and existing investments. GHC expects you to develop rapidly into a fully-rounded investment professional and will support you in doing so.
YER Executive is looking for candidates who have an educational background and/or work experience in medical innovations so that they are capable of sourcing deals, conducting due diligence on technologies and companies, and perform initial evaluation on the management teams of target companies.
We expect you to have eagerness to perform and the gravitas to be a credible investing professional to external contacts. This will enable you to dialogue efficiently with industry experts, management of portfolio/potential investee companies as well as with investors in the fund. Medical education is a plus; an MBA is a nice to have but not a must-have.
Ideally you display strong social and interpersonal skills, are engaging, persuasive and able to influence others, and be adept at communicating through active inquiry. To be successful, you must be motivated by curiosity, which you satisfy through questioning, probing, inquiry, and investigation. You will be tasked to gather and assess the relevance and importance of data from disparate sources to arrive at a cohesive and logical conclusion. Building strong trust based relationships across different stakeholders in GHC's ecosystem will be important for you to develop to the next level.
Gilde Healthcare (GHC) invests in innovative companies and partners with ambitious entrepreneurs to enable improved care at affordable cost. It's international network of corporate contacts and industry experts are critical in helping them achieve this mission. The firm is organized along two fund strategies: venture & growth capital, which you will be part of, as well as private equity. Gilde Healthcare's venture & growth capital fund invests in fast growing companies active in health tech (digital health, medtech, diagnostics, life sciences tools) and therapeutics. The venture & growth companies GHC invests in are based in Europe and North America.
Gilde Healthcare has raised over €1,4 billion ($1,5 billion) in dedicated healthcare funds since 2001, and has very recently raised its fifth fund, a €416 million ($450 million) later stage and growth capital fund. The fund is targeting 10 €10-40 million equity investments in innovative private scale-up opportunities in health tech across both Europe and North America. Gilde Healthcare is based in Utrecht, The Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
A highly competitive compensation package, which includes base salary and a bonus.
Experience and education
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in the health tech industry, investments and/or in consulting;
- Graduate degree in a medical, scientific and/or engineering discipline;
- MBA: “nice to have” but not “must have”;
- Ideally, exposure to/network in the investment scope of the fund encompassing;
- Companies active in image guided interventions, digital health, personal health solutions, home healthcare;
- Medical technology and diagnostics companies;
- Companies developing and/or commercializing implantable devices;
- Experience performing qualitative and quantitative research, analyses, and modelling.
- Bring good judgement and ability to synthesize different expert inputs;
- Able to learn fast and willing to perform;
- Well organized, result driven and able to prioritize;
- Proactive personality with good interpersonal skills;
- Strong and committed team member and contributor;
- Willing to be based in the Netherlands.