Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Over deze vacature
For our client Philips, YER is looking for a Packaging Project Manager Design Domestic Appliances (Asset Creation) who will be working at the Philips HQ (Amsterdam). It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning on July 1st, 2022, and initially lasting for a year, with the possibility of being extended.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the Design team of Philips Domestic Appliances, which interfaces with global stakeholders from different departments while driving user experience innovation. Together with a creative force of about 50 professionals, we create the future identity for the Domestic Appliances portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications.
We are looking for a passionate, pro-active and delivery-focused packaging project manager to join us.
You are responsible for
As packaging project manager Domestic Appliances, you are responsible for the end to end project management of packaging and basic asset creation linked to delivery of new propositions to market.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Clarifying and aligning project goals, specify quality standards and get stakeholder buy-in.
- Manage the project execution towards the timely realization of the agreed deliverables
- Budget management and reporting on monthly, quarterly and on project basis, ensuring the spend is according to forecast and in line with expectations of the business.
- Stakeholder management across business and marketing teams – identifying and leveraging the right kind of expertise for best in class packaging – this includes alignment with legal department for compliance.
- Manage and coordinate suppliers involved in the projects
- Working in a structured and methodical way, utilizing DA Design standard processes and toolset
- Maintain a fluid channel of communication with your stakeholders
You are a part of
The Design Project Management community and the Domestic Appliances program team, where a professional and fun workplace atmosphere is valued, and a diverse multi-functional team will greet you. You’ll report to Domestic Appliance PMO-Operations lead.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestment, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Be able to handle multiple projects for multiple businesses in parallel
- Project management skills. You have profound expertise in project management processes and knowledge areas. You can flexibly adjust and apply hybrid ways of work with a given context and desired project outcomes.
- Continuous improvement. You are continuously looking for ways to improve delivery processes and eager to learn more about better ways of building teams and products. You do this in structured and methodical ways.
- Strong performance track. You are a fast learner, drive impact through teamwork and have a strong dose of self-reflection. You are able to deal with complexity, and to develop the winning plan.
- Team dynamics. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams and have a wide variety of tools available to help drive/guide a team towards greater dynamics, collaboration and effectiveness. Key behavioral competences include business insight, balance stakeholders, direct work, ensure accountability, and build effective teams and nimble learning.
- Stakeholder relationships. You are able to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with stakeholders, encourage engagement and alignment of expectations, and empathize with the challenges they are facing. You are comfortable with working in a corporate environment.
- Business acumen. You have a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of building a product and feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing return on investment, as well as working with internal and external parties to develop budgets, scope of work documents and planning.
- It’s a bonus if you have packaging and asset creation project management experience.