Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is connecting its products to the digital world, introducing new services and integrated solutions based on digital technologies. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and machine learning techniques which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Personal Care & Wellness department of Philips Research to work on data infrastructure and applications within the Personal Care arena. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of engineering technologies and data science platforms.
As SW engineer in data and digital fields you will:
- Apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art of SW technologies and data infrastructure used as a backbone for data analytics techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
- Participate in research projects that address data analytics challenges and create relevant modules and tools that enables their work.
- Align & network with opinion leaders within Philips Research and the Business Sectors
- Scout for new technologies by visiting conferences, universities, vendors and monitor the literature and Internet sources as well as work closely with Philips data experts.
- Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Solid foundation in computer science and experience in SW engineering in data science domain
- A MSc/PhD in computer science (or equivalent) is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
- Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly pick up new areas
- Affinity to the AGILE way of working
- Hands-on experience developing modular components & specifically in Python
- Proven experience in designing data models in compatibility with REST interface
- Familiarity with signal processing and computer vision packages is a plus.
- Familiarity with Deep learning and Machine Learning packages is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes (or comparable) is a plus
- Experience with DevOps culture is a plus.
- Proven capabilities and at least 5 years of experience