Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized to apply Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is responsible for developing and operating the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform that is used within all regions where ASML has a significant presence.
As an Azure Security Engineer you design and implement a secure end-to-end infrastructure on Azure in an hybrid cloud setup. The Azure Security Engineer should be hands-on in all aspects of Azure security including implementing security controls and threat protection, managing identity and access management, defining organizational structure and policies, using Azure technologies in order to provide data protection, configuring network security defences, collecting and analysing Azure logs, managing incident responses, and an understanding of regulatory concerns.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This team’s vision is to provide a flexible and reliable cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks. In this role you will work closely together with products owners, cloud & security architects and cloud engineers to help build a secure and robust enterprise-grade cloud platform.
- Maintain and improve the security posture of the Azure platform, identifying, and remediating vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools.
- Provide cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Implement and configure security controls and policies, manage access to data, and monitor threats to ensure that apps, containers, infrastructure, and networks are protected.
- Implementing threat protection and responding to security incident escalations.
- Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support using security-as-code.
- Configure access within a cloud solution environment using the defense-in-depth principle
- Configure network security including in a hybrid context with traditional network centric controls Public
- Ensure data protection
- Manage operations within a cloud solution environment such as operations tasks, using cloud native tools, like Log Analytics, Azure Monitor and Azure Security Center or other monitoring tooling.
- Support our cloud engineers to implement security best-practices and enable secure development and release processes.
- Ensure compliance
- Deliver/update documentation (e.g. operational tasks) on CCoE wiki.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary DevOps team which takes ownership of both new development and operational activities.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor’s/master’s degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
- Understand agile and DevOps concepts in a security context such as “trust but verify”, central vs decentral controls, make agile teams as autonomous as possible while ensuring the teams adhere to the Non-Functional-Requirements.
- Proven experience with Azure.
- A deep understanding of networking, e.g. IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS.
- A deep understanding of configuring security policies and securing applications and data.
- Strong familiarity with cloud capabilities and products and services for Azure, e.g. Azure Active Directory, Privileged Identity Management, VMs, Container Registry, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Data Services, KeyVault.
- Strong familiarity with cloud native tools in Azure, e.g. Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Security Center.
- Strong skills in scripting and automation, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and using CI/CD concepts.
- Experience with pipeline tooling for automated deployments and applying security controls. Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines is preferred but also other tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Buildkite are a pre.
- Experience with infrastructure orchestration (IaC) tools such as Terraform and other cloud-specific infrastructure automation tools (Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager) to automate the creation of staging, testing and production environments.
- Experience with configuration management / desired state automation / compliance tools such as Ansible, Inspec, Azure Policy, Google Forseti, Puppet, to configure, monitor and automatically enforce security controls when needed to ensure compliance.
- Proficient in Linux system design, automation, and operation.
- Understand the concepts of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to maximize automation, reduce waste, increase scale and apply systemic thinking is a pre.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a pre.
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers.
- Security certifications such as Azure Security Engineer Associate or GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer are explicitly very beneficial. Also, industry certifications are considered as beneficial e.g., CISSP,CSSP, CCSK, GIAC, CEH …
- Clear passion for cloud security, cloud technologies and SecDevOps.
- Have the intrinsic quality to want to continuously improve and do better
- Hands-on and can-do mentality
- Feeling of ownership
- Good communication and presentation skills (in English).
- Team player.
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision.