Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
In the IT Product & Technology Software Innovation department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment, and we are looking for senior DevOps Engineers to complement the teams.
Implement and extend our software development environment (mostly for developing C/C++/Python), in a blend of existing and new tooling.
As a lead engineer, you will be further developing the development environment as a member of an Agile team. In addition, you are responsible for guiding the team with technical decisions and involve in discussions on architectural roadmaps within and outside the team. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the ART to design and develop a stable, usable product.
- Further develop, implement and migrate DevOps processes and products
- Automating software build, test and integration processes
- Design and implement Automating deployment, monitoring and IT management processes
- Design implement monitoring tools and platforms
- Design and develop deployment environments for C/C++/Python/etc.
- Automate processes for security and compliance requirements
- Guide the migration of existing pipelines to cloud (ready) pipelines
- Advise on the usage of DevOps products and services
- Technical advisor for the team
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Formal education should include a Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Linux and similar open source technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash.
- Basic knowledge of object oriented software languages as Java and C#.
- Experience with git or git based source control systems (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Artifactory, AWS Codebuild.
- Experience with Gradle (Groovy, Java)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent tooling.
- Experience with container technology, e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban / SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (e.g. Jira).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with make based build systems(Gmake)
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Azure, Google, AWS.
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Bonus : ClearCase experience.
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Proactive personality
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Has a drive towards analysing and solving problems
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Can be a DevOps key player
- Has excellent communication skills (English, Bonus: Dutch)