Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
The System Test Engineer will be responsible for both verification-testing and validation testing in the VarioPRINT iX-series engine project, with a focus in the system software components: SCS (Service Control Station) and application software.
You will work in a project that develops high-tech print systems. Focus is on the controller software, which connects the printer with customer workflow software and has a UI that enables the printer operator to use the printer to produce output efficiently. Also, the Canon-developed applications that connect to the controller are in scope. The project consists of some 50 people that work in multiple agile development teams. You are a member of a small team (software project manager, integrator, software developer) that focusses on the system behaviour of the integrated product.
- Verification testing on system software components
- Validation testing on system software components
- Early feature testing of upcoming new features
- Consolidation testing (just before the final TT of a release, focus on non-regression)
- Contact with PRISMAsync Toco-S team on test activities
- Participation in project Total Tests
- 1st order problem analysis of field problems
- Define and execute test cases with focus on system behaviour, e.g. observed by user of the system
- Work with feature development teams to understand and clarify expected/observed behaviour
- Improve specification quality by review, focus on clear behaviour and test-ability
- Develop test support tooling (scripts) that speeds up system level testing
- Enter found defects/errors in defect tracking system
- 1st order problem analysis of software related issues
- Contribute to creation of test management plans
- Report on test progress and product quality
Canon Production Printing is headquartered in Venlo, The Netherlands. They operate a global network of 5 sites, working to connect emerging digital printing and imaging technologies to current future markets and to provide integral business solutions.
- In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and fringe benefits
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- An attractive package of employee benefits
- The terms of employment offered are exceptionally good
- A competitive package of employee benefits.
- The candidate has at least a M.Sc., with a clear understanding of non-real-time software that implements a large part of system behaviour in complex machines.
- The candidate is eager to quickly comprehend a complex product and find the right level of detail required to efficiently test this product.
- To be successful the candidate has an open attitude, is accurate, result driven, flexible, well organized and systems thinking.
- Candidate has profound knowledge - verbal and written of the English language
- Candidate is quality driven and able to work autonomously in a small team (i.e. team player with own responsibilities)
- A candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows environment (OS)
- About 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience as a tester in a high-tech industry, or as tester working with complex products, including both software as hardware components
- Knowledge of and experience with test automation
- Knowledge of and experience with scripting languages in order to create test support tools. Programming languages like Python and web-based languages is a plus
- The candidate is able to make test matrices and has experience with exploratory testing.