Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an electrical engineer with experience in the design/development of electrical installation and in particular wiring harnesses, cable bundles? Would you like to contribute to the further development of DAF's trucks?
For the Harness Engineering group, within Product Development department Vehicle Electrics / Electronics we are looking for an enthusiastic Harness Engineer.
As an engineer you have automotive knowledge in the field of electrical installation. You are responsible for the development activities that are required within your field. Your responsibilities will variate in two main areas:
- Harness Engineering: In cooperation with system owners and bundle engineers you will draw up vehicle schematics where you are a central key engineer in the various adjustments that are required.
- Bundle Engineering: within the SE team (simultaneous engineering teams PD and Production Engineering, Purchasing etc.) you will develop and coordinate the best routing for wiring harnesses, you will coordinate interfaces and various supports that are needed with installation groups within PD.
You are also responsible for various proto and serial production releases of electrical components of bundle engineering. The concepts and final production releases created by you are a well-considered design concept in which the set requirements (including reliability, manufacturability, costs and weight) are realized.
- You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process;
- The wire harness routing CAD files are created in NX and processed in 3D files.
- Using a specific software package (Saber), the necessary diagrams, product and composition drawings are made.
- You are responsible for starting up and following up the necessary tests. In the position of Harness Engineer you will work closely with fellow engineers and report to the supervisor Harness Engineering.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering or comparable.
- Relevant Automotive and Electrical Installation working experience.
- Experience in High Voltage and Low Voltage in Automotive / Electrical Vehicles is a preference.
- You are able to convert technical challenges into realistic products.
- You are decisive, independent and have a passionate collegial attitude and can work well in a team.
- Language, Fluent English required. Dutch and German is a preference.