Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The PACCAR IT Europe Delivery Center is responsible for application development, maintenance and support on both IBM Mainframe and Microsoft based systems. The applications cover all major business areas of DAF Trucks: Purchasing, Product Development, Truck Sales, Production, Logistics, Parts, After Sales and Finance.
As a Software Engineer, you translate customer requirements and processes into a technical specification and build the solution, based on the latest technologies.
You will work closely with architects, developers/designers and information analysts in both traditional and agile projects.
Among the first challenges in this role will be the porting and modernizing of two important C++ applications to modern day technologies including C#.NET, .NET Core and REST API services.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles in Europe. DAF is a wholly owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, a world leader in the design and manufacture of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, is active in financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts as part of its core business.
For this challenging job we are looking for candidates who earned their bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are acquainted with the software development process and have proven experience with software development.
- You are an agile learner, actively looking for feedback and have the ambition to become a professional.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Agile Scrum.
- You are skilled in C#, C++, .NET, .NET Core and REST API’s / web services.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, MSMQ, Azure, AWS and software security (OWASP) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of technical application testing / unit testing is an advantage.
- You have affinity with embedded software and the automotive industry. Knowledge of the ASAP2 standard is an advantage.
- You are familiar with the SOLID design principles and always eager to improve your technical skill set.
- You have a focus on software quality, you can challenge a solution and promote different viewpoints if necessary.
- You are communicative, highly analytical, results-oriented, pragmatic and prepared for the future.
- You have a good sense of responsibility and have a pro-active attitude.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, verbal and written.