Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Banking & Insurance
Over deze vacature
Are you an experienced & qualified banking professional with an eye for efficiency and are you ready to deepen and/or add more flexibility in your work? Would you like to work for a bank or financial institution? YER Banking offers you challenging career prospects at renowned organisations.
For Rabobank Utrecht we are recruiting a Data Analyst – KYC AML/CTF Transaction Monitoring Wholesale & Rural.
We are looking for someone who can perform tuning & back testing analyses but who has some knowledge of statistical & analytics techniques and tooling to make the analyses more efficient.
Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Terrorist Financing are key for our society and for our organisation. We want to protect our customers as well as the bank from the negative effects of financial crime. In order to do that we need people who are willing to look into data, patterns and behaviour of the people who are making transactions to find those indicators that may hide illegal activities. As a KYC AML/CTF data scientist you will be responsible for the analyses of transactions and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring system.
The tuning and optimization of these systems is a regulatory requirement and requires statistical, investigative and operational expertise. From an operational point of view the optimizing needs to contribute in reducing the workload. Help your colleagues cut through the noise and focus on the alerts that your analyses shows to be dubious. But beyond that this role puts you on the front line of fighting financial crime. You can prevent Money Laundering, Fraud and Terrorist financing with your unique skill set.
As an expert you:
- Are able to interpret data analysis and statistical output and translate this into audit proof documentation that can be used for decision-making;
- Combine a pragmatic approach to realize quick wins with a long term vision on further improving the tuning methodology (e.g. by introducing AI/ML in the optimization efforts);
- Translate regulatory and procedural requirements around tuning (and back-testing) into a methodology and way of working that fits within the existing system and processes;
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders within the Wholesale & Rural domain globally. Such as IT, Business, Compliance and Operations within all regions to ensure effective management of requirements by actively seeking solutions related to building and improving the global AML/CTF solution.
Rabobank in Utrecht.
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- An attractive package of employee benefits
- The terms of employment offered are exceptionally good
Do you think you fit the following profile?
- Academic degree (M.Sc./PhD) in Statistics or a related field;
- 2+ years’ experience in advanced analytics/modelling/artificial intelligence activities;
- Accreditation or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, ESR or AML expertise (preferred);
- 2+ years of work experience in similar (preferred);
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; in English (and Dutch);
- Understanding of banking processes, products and clients (preferred);
- Knowledge of (inter)national risk and regulatory developments around AML/CTF (preferred).