Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Food, Feed, Pharma
Over deze vacature
The global warehousing team is responsible for enabling reliable, efficient and agile Manufacturing and Distribution operations that meets Amgen’s evolving business needs.
The team ensures that procedures, systems, reports and governance are in place that support the operations in US, Europe and Asia.
As the global warehousing team is a new organization, its role is developing as new business opportunities are being identified.
In this dynamic environment, the team is looking for a new colleague who is willing to invest in acquiring thorough understanding of the Amgen warehousing processes and to grow with the team and join us on our mission To Serve Patients.
Maintain global overview of warehouse capacity utilization, in-house and at external parties:
- Keep track of the available maximum capacity and understand potential cross-site opportunities to level the load
- Work with sites, regions, and global planning departments to establish a reliable warehouse capacity forecast for the next 2 years and beyond
Participate in projects related to new product launches:
- Assess the impact of the new products on warehouse capacity
- Assess new requirements regarding warehousing conditions / handling
- Advise the project team regarding site selection from a warehouse capacity perspective
Further, develop the warehouse capacity planning system and provide business process expertise:
- Develop long-term strategy for warehouse capacity planning and reach consensus at leadership level
- Manage cross-site/cross-function programs to successful completion.
- Analyse forecast accuracy results and identify warehouse capacity planning improvements based on business cases
- Describe the business requirements in detail and work with engineers to define and implement solutions
- Organize testing of new capabilities by selected sites and approve go-live
- Inform site users of new capabilities and ensure training materials are being kept up to date
Support the monthly warehouse capacity planning cycle:
- Provide input to sites regarding new product launches and other projects impacting the warehouse capacity
- Review the warehouse capacity forecast with all sites
- Advise sites on warehouse capacity constraint resolutions
- Anticipate and adjust to network problems; drive collaboration to develop practical solutions quickly
- Write, review and edit proposals for high-level decision makers
- Provide a long-term warehouse capacity outlook once per year
Amgen is an international biotechnology company that makes an active contribution to better care. Amgen scientists have been developing innovative therapies for patients with serious illnesses since 1980.
The product portfolio encompasses the following therapeutic areas: oncology, kidney diseases, hematology, bone diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
Amgen is active in around 100 countries worldwide. Amgen Europe B.V. has been located in Breda since 1997. At this site, Amgen medicines are labelled, provided with patient information leaflets, packaged and distributed throughout Europe and to a growing number of countries in other parts of the world. The Dutch sales organization Amgen B.V. is also located in Breda. It is responsible for the availability of our medicines and clinical trials in the Netherlands.
Amgen has built up an excellent, worldwide reputation in the area of biologics - medicines made using biotechnological techniques. Amgen supplies high-quality medicines and focuses primarily on patients with conditions for which few or no treatment options exist. It takes expertise, experience, vigilance and dedication to ensure that every new batch of biologic medicines is of the same high quality. At Amgen, strict quality control and a reliable supply of medicines are just as important as scientific innovation.
There are 2 options:
- YER contractor/detachering: salary max. € 115k/year
- Freelance: hourly rate max. €100
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in supply chain, logistics and/or economics
- Strong analytical and cross functional business process modelling skills
- Ability to effectively engage diverse, global stakeholder groups and manage cross functional projects.
- Project management skills: ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects
- Communicate confidently and effectively with senior management on a prepared and ad hoc basis
- Ability to switch smoothly between cultural frames of reference and modes of communication
- Take calculated risks with expected positive outcomes
- Build and motivate cross-functional networks, leveraging diverse staff capabilities
- Work with business partners and clients to build a vision, strategy and goals
- Ability to switch from detailed system knowledge to providing high-level management overviews
- Typically, 5 or more years of professional experience in a warehousing environment or planning role
- Solid understanding of warehousing and planning processes and the ability to translate processes into system requirements
- Experience with warehouse management system, preferably SAP WMS
- Experience with planning in Rapid Response system is a must
- Work experience in Pharma or another strongly regulated environment is preferred
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication