Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For Symeres, YER is recruiting a Manager EHS.
The Manager EHS is responsible for the performance of the Department of Environment, Health, and Safety. He/she provides consultation about his/her field of expertise in enterprise policies, budgets, and projects for the Weert location. Position in organization: The Manager EHS reports to the Managing Director. He/she leads the Department of EHS.
- Provide analysis of EHS performance metrics to deepen understanding of ongoing operations;
- Provide assessment and recommendations for the continuous improvement of the safety culture;
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the Weert site;
- Ensure that corrective actions on any items of improvement from third-party inspections (e.g., local authorities, Health Inspectorate) are brought to the company’s attention and are tracked to completion;
- Establish and oversee various plant EHS inspection processes, identifying potential safety hazards and compliance issues, and ensure timely correction of all items noted. This is done in collaboration with the on-site EHS coordinators;
- Give solicited and unsolicited advice to the leadership team (SLT) of the site;
- Conduct proactive and constructive consultation with fellow managers/and departments for the purpose of bringing the overall performance of Symeres to a higher level.
Symeres is one of the leading chemistry CROs in Europe, with over 500 scientists at six locations (Nijmegen, Weert, and Groningen in the Netherlands; Prague in the Czech Republic; Oulu in Finland; and Södertälje in Sweden). We provide a range of services to support small-molecule drug discovery and development projects for biopharmaceutical companies in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Our key areas of expertise are synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, parallel chemistry, and chemical process R&D for clinical trials. For the Department of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) at our location in Weert (NL).
- In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and fringe benefits
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- An attractive package of employee benefits
- The terms of employment offered are exceptionally good
- A competitive package of employee benefits.
- The Manager EHS has a working and thinking level at least at Master’s degree level in a relevant direction (chemistry, chemical technology, EHS, environmental sciences, or safety engineering);
- Active knowledge of relevant procedures and legislation pertaining to safety, health, and environment;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Pragmatic approach;
- Experience in working with high-skilled, multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience with audit/quality/ISO/GMP systems;
- Able to provide leadership and guidance for EHS programs and compliance, support planned expansions or modifications of facilities or production processes, and develop behaviour based safety programs.