Secondment via YER
High Tech, Industrial
Over deze vacature
Are you passionate about making cutting-edge IT infrastructure solutions happening? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further. At Vanderlande you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference for their customers in a challenging international environment – while continually using, sharing and enhancing your skills alongside dedicated and passionate colleagues.
You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting customer IT infrastructures. The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department develops the products and processes used for the customer implementations, implements various customer solutions worldwide and helps the support departments with the lifecycle management of the customer thereafter. As a technical architect, you will play a vital role in the product development of our ICT solutions which are based on Microsoft/Linux OS standards, Cisco networking and HPE Infrastructure hardware.
In this position, you will be part of the central, dedicated and dynamic team that develop ICT products that will be applied and used by our engineers. You will work closely with your fellow architects as well as with the solution architects and the engineers to ensure the products are standardized and usable for our different material handling systems offerings. Your strong and solid communication skills, team play and flexibility will be crucial for this. You will be designing innovative products and solutions alongside 50 enthusiastic colleagues from Veghel (airports) and Dortmund (warehousing and parcel) and you will also cooperate closely with other disciplines at Vanderlande.
In addition, you will evaluate the short- and long-term applications of your work, and possess the ability to see connections between multidisciplinary activities. As a great communicator you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently. You will need to align with but also support, train and advise your colleagues from various Vanderlande teams (for example the software development team and other product development teams) on the usage of our standard IT products and solutions.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
As a technically minded, proactive and knowledgeable IT Architect, you are experienced in:
- The field of enterprise and/or solution architecture;
- Developing architecture blueprints (incl. server & storage solutions, networking, field client devices);
- Platform virtualisation (VMware);
- Cloud technology (including Azure);
- Container platform technology (Kubernetes);
- Operating systems (Ubuntu, SUSE Linux and Microsoft Windows).
- To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Have a Higher Professional Education (hbo) qualification or University degree (wo) in the area of ICT (infrastructure)
- Have several years of experience in the ICT area (such as hardware, security, virtualisation, container platform, automation)
- Have a sincere interest in technical developments and innovations;
- Be experienced with CI/CD pipeline frameworks
- Be familiar with scrum way of working
- Have a positive, hands on and can do attitude
- Be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Be willing to travel worldwide (at least 20% of the time)