Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Over deze vacature
For our client DSM, YER is looking for a Global Digital Communications Manager to work at the DSM location in Heerlen. It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning immediately and initially lasting for 4 months.
Purpose of the position:
The Global Digital Communications' manager is accountable for defining the digital media strategy of campaigns and assuring the optimal digital journey by safeguarding high quality via the corporate channels. He/She is accountable for the performance of the global- and regional (media) agencies, and the implementation of the content on DSMs channels. The GDCM is also responsible for safeguarding the quality of the content on the DSM channels based on the defined content strategy and the operational performance of the digital channels. Together with the Global Campaign manager, he/she is responsible for running, monitoring and evaluating (the performance of) the campaigns and especially assuring a data driven performance review. He/She receives support from the Data Analyst Communications and Channel Specialist to analyse campaign performances and configuring the campaigns on DSM owned channels.
Global Communications and Branding Communications is one of the key support functions in DSM. We contribute to brighter lives for all through inspiring communications and advocacy. We aim to position DSM as a science based, purpose led & performance driven company, active in Nutrition, Health & Sustainable living. We help to drive valuation and building the DSM brand and its reputation as a preferred (business) partner, a credible thought leader, and an attractive employer. In order to realize this mission, the communication employees need to work as a high-performing, global, 24/7, stakeholder focused, dialogue-based, agile and networked team. The function plays a key role in establishing a ‘One DSM’ mindset and works together with a variety of external and internal stakeholders on a range of complex topics with, at times. The Global Communications & Branding Function is responsible for all external and internal communications; our core audiences are customers, suppliers and partners, investors, employees and society as a whole (e.g. media, academia, trade organizations). The DSM GC&B function is in transition. As a result of changing external (societal, economical, professional) and internal changes (strategic direction, changing requirements of internal stakeholders) there are 3 areas of change:
- Fewer but more impactful campaigns in support of business growth & reputation
- Powered by digital, via- stakeholder-driven and dialogue-based engagement journeys
- Realized by agile, effective and inspired GC&B team members
The global CoE Campaigns and Digital plays a crucial role in this transformation. CoE Campaigns and Digital The CoE Campaigns and Digital is a campaign ‘director’, who supports the business by building DSMs reputation amongst stakeholders, and steering the content calendar globally (based on DSMs global communication themes, that are set annually and signed off by DSM leadership – fully aligned to DSM’s strategic and specific business priorities).
What we do
- Develop and own all stakeholders-centric digital campaigns that includes the stakeholders in Society at large, Investors, Employees, Future Employees and some stakeholders in the Customers/partners/suppliers group (e.g. C-Suite and Sustainability Managers)
- Steer the global campaign and content calendar to support campaigns and ever-green content
- Realize successful regional and stakeholder-centric campaigns, leveraging DSM’s company theme’s supporting the business groups of (BGs) – regional campaign managers are collaborating with the CoE C&D on campaigns
- Deliver an optimal digital stakeholder journey across all external corporate channels, by owning the external corporate channel mix (social media, channels, website)
- Advise internal colleagues on data-driven and stakeholder centric activities
- Set KPI’s, challenge, assess and document global campaign results, in order to learn & optimise
The expertise the team offers to others
- Create standardised approaches and templates for GC&B to help the teams realize excellent stakeholder-centric digital campaigns
- Set a standard on how to use data to set objectives for, measure and report on campaign results for GC&B in order to learn and improve
Key areas of accountability/responsibility Accountable for:
- Defining the CoE digital media strategy including website/SoMe channels (earned / paid / shared / owned media), specified audiences per campaign
- Owning the corporate channels; quality assurance on the web strategy and social media strategy; making sure that the right content/news items are available which can also be non-campaign related.
- Running, monitoring and evaluating (the performance of) the global communications digital campaigns according to the corporate communications strategy and calendar and set objectives – this is a joined effort with the Global Campaign manager and other stakeholders/participants in our agile campaign set up
- The briefing- and performance of the global- and regional media agencies
- Managing the development of successful digital content and the technical configuration of DSM owned channels to enable and benchmark performance of digital campaigns – with support of the Global Campaign officer and Channel Specialist
- The Global Digital Communications Manager is the main contact for GiS for development work to enable our digital communication (this includes the implementation of an Enterprise Design System).
- Reporting the campaign performances and embedding best practices into new imagine cycles
- Developing the requirements together with GiS for building a real-time data dashboard
- Gaining insights from the data to optimise campaigns
- Monitoring and evaluating the campaign KPIs together with the Global Campaign manager
- Defining the digital media strategy and develop a roadmap to enhance our digital capabilities
- Responsible for the enablement and technical operations of the campaign process
- Continuous improvement on data insights, campaign performance (insights), digital channel processes, GiS stakeholder relationship
- Challenging agencies on campaign performances and optimizations during and after campaigns
Complexity of the position
- Work in a complex, global environment with multiple internal - groups globally and having an understanding of multiple external stakeholder journeys
- Staying on top of rapidly evolving external developments, trends, practices and their relevance across the communications domains.
- The position will require the capability to work on a broad range of complex projects.
- Significant impact on DSM’s reputation and therefore a high sense of responsibility is required.
- Has to work in a complex matrix organization.
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. Our products and solutions address some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders - customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large.
We offer a family of solutions that benefit our customers and make lives brighter. But what sets us apart is our unique scientific approach - what we really provide are commercially attractive answers to the greatest challenges facing our world; how to feed everyone and keep them healthy and happy, tackle climate change and enable a restorative bio-based, circular economy.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DSM. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
- At least a Master’s degree in business, (social) media/digital, communications, or similar
- 7+ years of wide-ranging experience in digital strategy, digital technology, digital architecture, digital communications, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Proven experience in working with digital technology, digital tooling, data management, campaign activation, platform management and community management, preferably working on the edge of business and IT.
- Experience in agile way of working, design thinking, strong business acumen
- (Near) native speaker of English and at least one other language • Strong oral and written communication skills
- High focus on business value. Being able to support the business with excellent campaigns that drive awareness, interest, desire and action amongst key stakeholders
- Courage to execute against strategic priorities and push back on non-priority requests; daring to develop improvements based on relevant external trends, and developments in DSM’s strategic priorities (brand, business). Strong influencing skills are important as this role requires safeguarding content and quality on DSM channels
- Able to effectively collaborate and build relationships across a wide team, based on empathy, competency and trust and a deep desire to deliver value to the business. Able to take others along!
- A caring team member who acts responsibly, champions sustainability and is focused on delivering value
- Hands-on mentality, e.g. to pro-actively push the latest insights/knowledge about topics related to (paid) digital media campaigns and analysis
- Strong professional communication skills are very important as this role requires high collaboration between the CoE Campaigns & Digital, GiS and Media agencies on a global level, and the main driver of the ‘learn & optimize’ cycle
- A problem-solving mindset in combination with the ability to manage ambiguity, as market trends are subject to change and require a flexible mindset for fast adoption
- Ability to prioritize work, time manage and adapt to changing situations
- Strong skills in working on several, complex projects simultaneously
- Able to act quickly, but always with DSM’s reputation and especially business value in mind
- Great understanding of and experience with agile way of working
- A real passion for digital with specific knowledge in at least two of the following sources with an interest to learn more (SEO, Social, Content Marketing, Campaign Orchestration)
- Knowledge of digital technology (tools setup and configuration)
- Critical thinking, as he/she will be mainly responsible for paid digital media campaigns and challenging agencies and assessing their performances
- Proven track record in performance campaigns, web analytics and web-related campaigns
- Knowledge of external communications platforms/social media related strategies and methods and the ability to translate these for DSM-needs and purposes