Research & Development
Bergen op Zoom
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
The FF global T&I organization is initiating and executing multiple innovation programs across these four industry segments. The European T&I team supports the FF business with new product development, special sheet and film testing, extrusion, colour developments, customer & plant support. The European T&I team is looking for a full-time day-technician to strengthen our team.
Functional Forms (FF) produces film and sheet products from SABIC resins in order to serve many versatile market segments including Mass Transportation, Electrical & Electronic, Building & Construction, and Speciality Glazing.
- Responsible for and supporting of NPI and Platform activities,
- Own and execute TSR and Business Continuity efforts for the FF business.
- Testing of sheet and film products for customer and plant support.
- Sheet and film extrusion support.
- Design and execute special (application) testing and weathering on sheets and film.
- New raw material, colour and product set up in SAP.
- Interact with different functions within T&I, and Functional Forms.
- Contribute to FF lab EHS programs and activities.
Since SABIC’s founding, its employees have exhibited a remarkable ability to do what others said couldn’t be done. Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, SABIC is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 70% of the Company’s shares are owned by Saudi Aramco, with the remaining 30% publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange. SABIC began in 1976 by Royal decree and its growth has been nothing short of miraculous. Today, the company has operations in over 50 countries with a global workforce of over 33,000 talented individuals.
- In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and fringe benefits
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- An attractive package of employee benefits
- The terms of employment offered are exceptionally good
- A competitive package of employee benefits.
- Education on Bachelor level in the field of Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience on thermoplastics extrusion and/or product development/testing.
- Ability to initiate, design, conduct, analyse and document experimentation/reporting.
- Knowledge of material science and/or testing and evaluation techniques.
- Understanding of colour requirements and formulations in thermoplastics.
- Knowledge of statistics or willingness to learn, 6-sigma is preferred.
- Enthusiasm, motivated to learn new things.
- Resourceful, "can-do" attitude, self-starter.
- Independent and flexible worker with good team spirit.
- Curious and persistence in information gathering and problem-solving.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to translate (internal) customer and business needs into actions and results.