Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artefact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment, and we are looking for senior DevOps/Build Engineers to complement the teams.
Implement and extend our software development environment (mostly C/C++/Python), in a blend of existing and new tooling. The focus of this job is on the build environment (the toolchains that translate source code into binaries and distribution/installation packages).
As a DevOps/Build Engineer you will be further developing the build part of the development environment as a member of an Agile team. With the team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing issues and supporting users of the environment. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the Agile Release Train to deliver a stable and usable product.
- Enhancing the complex system of build rules (e.g. adding target platforms, programming languages, etc)
- Design and develop deployment environments for C/C++/Python/etc.
- Automating software build, test and integration processes
- Automating processes for security and compliance requirements
- Automating deployment, monitoring and IT management processes
- Improving performance of automated processes
- Further develop, implement and migrate to DevOps processes and products
- Migrate existing pipelines to cloud (ready) pipelines
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also, you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- At least 3 years’ experience with Linux and similar open source technologies
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience with make based build systems
- Experience in analysing requirements and create a design
- Experience in object-oriented software languages as Java and C#
- Experience with GIT and preferable with ClearCase
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Gradle (Groovy, Java)
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban / SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (e.g. Jira).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Bonus: Experience with Bazel and/or Conan.
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Microsoft Azure and Google.
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Proactive personality
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Has a drive towards analysing and solving problems
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Can be a DevOps key player
- Has excellent communication skills