Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Food, Feed, Pharma, (Petro)Chemical
Over deze vacature
As part of our increasing demand for our services at our location in Weert (NL), we are currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Project Manager (M/F) Full time
The Project Manager is overall responsible for the progress and completion of the customer projects within Symeres. The Project Manager acts from start to finish as key point of contact for the customer. The Project Manager gives, as a member of the planning and management consultation, in particular with regard to his/her field of expertise, important input on enterprise policy, budgets and projects.
The Project Manager resorts hierarchical and functional under the Director of Project Management. The project manager cooperates sometimes with New Business Development and all Department managers within Symeres regarding to the progress and overall end-result of projects.
- Shall ensure that the project team is assigned tasks in an efficient manner. Follow ups the progress of the project and gives all Project team members direction whenever necessary.
- Implement, maintain and improves PMO tools.
- Is involved in organizational changes within Symeres and checks whether these matters are in line with efficient implementation of the primary process (project implementation).
- Acts as primary point of contact for customer. Reviews and approves reports, if necessary.
- Evaluates together with Finance the financial project milestones.
- Can acts as liaison between Business Development and Symeres when it comes to creation of proposals.
- Customer visits where necessary/accommodates customer visits on the Symeres sites and contributes with his/her experience to these visits.
- Issues scope changes to customers.
- Works close together with client to perform any additions/changes in proposals.
- Plans the overall project in consultation with customer and department heads and takes care of the financial follow-up.
- Ensures that project teams are clearly informed on scope and tasks in the project.
- Follows the progress of the project on a weekly basis. • Leads team meetings and telecoms with the customer.
- Gives solicited and unsolicited advice to the leadership team (SLT) of the Symeres site.
- Conducts proactive and constructive consultation with fellow project managers/and departments for the purpose of bringing the overall performance of Symeres on a higher level.
- Compliance, with assigned project members, to relevant procedures in the field of quality (including ICH Q7A GMP for APIs), safety, health and environment (including ISO 14001).
- Is capable to lead all project team members, possesses good communicative and people skills that (continuously) motivate a project team.
- Is capable to work result oriented.
- Supervises compliance with internal procedures and requirement pertaining company and production and processes.
- Solves daily issues related to (inter)- departmental priorities
Symeres is one of the leading chemistry CROs in Europe. With over 450 highly trained and dedicated chemists, Symeres provides a range of services to support small-molecule drug discovery and development projects for biopharmaceutical companies in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Our key areas of expertise are synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, parallel chemistry, and chemical process R&D for clinical trials.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Symeres. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master/PhD level or the working and thinking level obtained by work experience in the chemical pharmaceutical development business.
- Relevant project management experience.
- Has a minimum of 5 years working in a chemistry/pharmaceutical work environment, of which at least 2 years in a similar function.
- Skill and ability to provide input on enterprise policy
- Understanding of the commercial, economic, social and operational aspects of the company and the interrelationship between them.