Attractive remuneration package
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed, Pharma, Logistics & Transportation, (Petro)Chemical
Over deze vacature
Are you eager to turn figures into action and do you combine your analytical skills with decisiveness? Do you have experience with implementing new concepts in a logistics environment? Then apply directly for this newly created job opportunity.
The Global Operations Manager is responsible for the implementation of the company’s strategy in the Logistic department. To establish this, a strategic vision and excellent leadership are key. The Global Operations Manager will contribute to and support the development of the company with creative, innovative logistic processes and solutions and is accountable for the optimization and constant improvement of customer service, logistic administration and toll production. Therefore, the Global Operations Manager needs to maintain a close interaction with all internal stakeholders. In all matters of importance, the Global Operations Manager reports to the CEO and is furthermore responsible for the Logistics team consisting of in total 12-16 FTE (2 direct reports).
- Accountable for the analysis, improvement and standardization of processes in order to optimize the logistic processes.
- Safeguard and improve logistic service in terms of costs, communication and automation, in a constantly evolving environment.
- Develop strategies and tactics to make logistic processes more efficient, in line with the company’s strategy
- Develop calculation models in terms of logistic processes
- Identify areas of cost reduction and be cost-sensitive and cost-aware
- Responsible for defining a global tolling strategy together with the tolling manager
- Geographic fine-tuning of inbound and outbound logistics, inclusive of a warehouse strategy
- Manage and develop direct and indirect reporting staff, by acting as People Manager. Setting goals, monitor performance and setting up development plans.
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management, internal stakeholders and external partners such as but not limited to logistic service providers.
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
Orffa develops, customizes, sources and offers feed additives and feed additive concepts for the animal nutrition market. In short: they create, select and deliver.
As the feed additive specialist, they have dedicated teams engineering feed solutions with value added products and concepts for all stakeholders in the animal production chain. Their feed solutions range from simple individual products to complex solutions that aim to overcome and solve the challenges faced by the animal production industry.
They offer both in-house developed and branded concepts and products as well as distribution products. Orffa delivers the ideal mix of technical products and basic feed additives. Europe is their home base, and EU quality prevails. Orffa guarantees that all its products and concepts are certified according to the high European regulatory standards and their internal QC systems, which are more stringent than the official European requirements.
Orffa offers a challenging position where your proactivity and initiative are highly appreciated. You get plenty of freedom to develop yourself professionally in a dynamic market.
Orffa offers an attractive salary, including a non-contributory pension and 29 vacation days (based on full-time employment) to establish a healthy work-life balance. The office is currently still located in Werkendam, but mid-2021 the company will move to a very attractive location in the outskirts of Breda.
- Master (preferred) or Bachelor degree in a related field
- At least 8 years of experience required in operations, supply chain or logistics, of which at least 5 years in a (people) management position
- Experience with formulating strategies and concepts and implementation of concepts
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Strong analytical skills combined with decisiveness
- People manager and an empathic coach, able to lead by example
- Pro-active and innovative, experience with process improvement
- Capable of working towards challenging objectives