Contract with Client
Banking & Insurance
Over deze vacature
Are you ready to join a dynamic client-facing team of lending specialists who provide tailor-made financing solutions for (international) clients? Do you want to share your knowledge and experience on (sustainable) finance and structured lending in the interests of clients and the future of the bank?
For our client ABN AMRO we are looking for a Lending specialist to join our growing Lending product unit within Structured Finance & Portfolio Management part of Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB). In close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (Borrowers, Client coverage, Credit Risk, Loan Origination, Portfolio Management, internal and external Legal Counsel), Lending is responsible for structuring, negotiating and executing complex bilateral and syndicated lending transactions for clients of CIB in the Netherlands and NW-Europe.
It is your core role to act in line with your ‘first line of defence’ responsibility in managing the Cost of Risk in line with our bank’s moderate risk profile. Your work includes:
- Preparing commercial propositions
- Structuring loan products;
- Drafting credit applications
- Executing imminent deals (including coordination with external advisors),
- Negotiating financing documents with the client and monitoring of the existing portfolio of (debt) transactions.
The assessment of risks involved is based on your (credit structuring) experience and specific client- and sector knowledge. You are also expected to contribute to business line or bank wide projects in areas like process optimization and innovation of the credit chain, regulatory developments and requests, sector deep dives and risk management projects
ABN AMRO is driven by its purpose ‘banking for better, for generations to come’. At ABN AMRO, they use their knowledge, expertise and network to help clients in and outside the Netherlands to achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Their clients’ interests always come first. They want clients to understand their products, and they sometimes say ‘no’ if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is their goal.
We offer you a dynamic and international environment. You will work with colleagues who have a passion for their job. You will be offered an excellent opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally. ABN AMRO also offers:
- Possibilities for flexible working hours and work from home is accepted. We offer good facilities for remote working.
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- Competitive salary, solid pension plan and support to help your personal development
- A personal development budget of EUR 1,000 per year
We are looking for a finance specialist with former client-facing and/or risk management experience in the large corporates segment. Check your profile and qualifications:
A genuine interest in the financial markets with strong analytical skills supported by prior experience in credit analysis and a willingness to improve the client credit journey
- Strong local knowledge and experience of financial markets that fall in scope of our NW-strategy
- Excellent knowledge of loan markets products, structuring, relevant regulations, negotiations & documentation and the ability to educate others
- Track record of understanding customer needs, developing and maintaining ‘trusted partner’ relationship with both internal and external stakeholders
Interpersonal: pro-active and intrinsically motivated, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, pragmatic, excellent communication skills, ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, a flexible and adaptable approach to change