Secondment via YER
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water, (Petro)Chemical
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years, and they are now looking for a Proposal Engineer who will join their team and assist in making a valuable difference in the century to come.
The Proposal Engineer will be a core member of the Proposal team in their Sales department that delivers improvements, quality and completeness that meets customer tomorrow’s needs. So if you are looking for a techno-commercial position, this is a chance to develop yourself with a key player in hydrogen compression, with a rich heritage in oil, gas, petrochemical and a future in renewable energy applications.
What needs to be done?
- Translating customer requirements into technical solutions.
- Studying customers RFQ’s.
- Being in contact with customers on technical requirements.
- Preparing technical proposal and cost price calculations and follow up.
- Preparing technical proposal documents.
- Perform a technical transfer to the project team.
- Supporting the continuous improvement and development of tools, template and methods.
- Assistance in technical training of other Howden business units.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of their engineering expertise and technology, their equipment plays an integral role within the customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
They work in partnership with their customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century they have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. They are proud that their people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Their mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned their business since it was established. Constantly improving their products and services according to customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
Howden offers an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act, improve processes and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As they consider talent management as key to the success of their organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a horizontal move within HCR. They offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Relevant technical education (Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering or similar).
- Technical knowledge, commercial understanding and creativity to find the best technical-commercial solution (thinking out of the box).
- We are open to a junior candidate with a deep personal interest in engineering and rotating equipment and preferably 1 year of experience in a similar position or organization.
- A continuous improvement mind-set: seek, propose, try, evaluate and implement improvements throughout the proposal process.
- A technical-commercial Interest in a broad range of disciplines (rotating, mechanical, systems and processes).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an open and engaging communication style.
- Team player, responsible and a self-starter.
- Good at setting priorities setting and strong time management skills.
- Fluency in English, Dutch language skills (reading) are preferred.