Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you know how to transform complex high-tech information to small and understandable steps with clear illustrations? Are you an expert at structuring texts and writing in accordance with standards? Then you are the Technical Author we are looking for!
You will create or edit all technical documentation (Procedure, PCS, FCO, Newsflash, comments, etc.) for Equipment and/or Manufacturing Engineering and be the main interface for all authoring related issues, tooling and processes.
You will be working in the department ED DE Industrialization, where you are responsible to create and maintain the technical communication needed to build and service our machines in the factory and field, based on the input of the manufacturing and equipment engineers. Your support structurally improves the quality and usability of our procedures.
- Convert input from engineers, suppliers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for ASML products according to the specifications and standards.
- Create and edit procedures for factory and service operations.
- Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format.
- Use documentation tools and apply the ASML style to the created or modified documents.
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback.
- Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate.
- Acts as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Master or bachelor degree, preferably in a technical area.
- Fluent in written English.
- Experience writing in accordance with Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Author is preferred.
- Knowledge of Simplified Technical English and experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring are an advantage.
- Broad interest in technique;
- Good one-on-one communication skills;
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement;
- English, preferably STE;
- Writing well-structured concise documents;
- Knowledge of XML and DITA preferred;
- Communication skills;
- Critical thinking.