Quality & Safety
Secondment via YER
Aviation, Manufacturing, Engineering
Over deze vacature
As our new supplier quality engineer, you engineer and communicate the product and system requirements to the supplier and participate and orchestrate the plan for qualification (FAI and PPAP) from the supplier to reach a qualified product on time. Furthermore you regularly monitor the quality performance of suppliers and perform reviews and take actions depending on the cause of any problem (such as assessments, problem-solving activities etc) to secure continuous compliance.
You must be able to manage the supply chain out of a quality performance aspect, serve as the liaison for suppliers, suggest structural quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineers in a team environment
- Review Supplier First Article- Communicate to SQE at Designing Organisation
- Have frequent contact with supplier to monitor actions within Quality
- Analyse suppliers quality performance and identify improvement areas.
- Handle supplier non conformance including internal and external progress, correct administration cause and corrective action, in order to be up-to date with the supplier performance
- Handle escape incl. root cause investigation, containment and corrective actions, Participate in 8D investigations
- Participate in supplier work transfer evaluation and monitoring
- Support concurrent engineering between GKN and supplier (design for manufacturing)
- Support in supplier feedback
- Communicate with Release Agents and Monitor their Performance
- Part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for all QLTC aspects of a supply base
Fokker Landing Gear (FLG) is part of the GKN concern and is active in the field of landing gear and related systems. This includes the design and development, production and assembly of complete landing gears, as well as the repair and overhaul of systems in use. FLG, with its ± 350 employees, is active for the F-16 fighter plane, the Apache attack helicopter, the F-35 Lightning II (JSF), the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 and the multipurpose NH90 helicopter.
For a Dutch aviation company of this size, we have acquired a unique position in the F-35 (JSF) program based on our design and development capabilities. In addition, FLG has been working on the development of technologies for the application of Polymer Matrix Composite material on landing gear components for over 15 years. This gives FLG a leading technology position in the Landing Gear market, and we are positioned to contribute to the development of better, sustainable aircraft.
- Bachelor level in Aerospace Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Technical Business Administration or Quality Engineering;
- More than 5 years’ experience from manufacturing engineering/production, preferably product qualification activities or inspection/control;
- Knowledge of aerospace quality requirements (AS9100, NADCAP, etc.)
- Skilled in root cause analysis, 8D and continuous improvement;
- Well organized and structured with strong skills to work both independently, and in a team
- Target-oriented and outgoing with good communication skills
- Knowledge of aerospace products, processes and technologies
- Experience and skilled with Microsoft Office, and ERP systems