Quality & Safety
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
As our quality engineer manufacturing engineering you support operational and development programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects utilizing superior engineering and problem-solving skills. You will be accountable for delivering robust, capable manufacturing processes as it applies to materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Program Quality Plans
- Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production. Resolve issues pertaining to vendor schedule and/or quality.
- Lead root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite.
- Perform supplier audits & assessments.
- Accountable for product development, customer quality requirements management and first article development.
- Delivers measurable, metrics driven results in line with Operational & Program goals.
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
Fokker Landing Gear (FLG) is part of the GKN concern and is active in the field of landing gear and related systems. This includes the design and development, production and assembly of complete landing gears, as well as the repair and overhaul of systems in use. FLG, with its ± 350 employees, is active for the F-16 fighter plane, the Apache attack helicopter, the F-35 Lightning II (JSF), the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 and the multipurpose NH90 helicopter.
For a Dutch aviation company of this size, we have acquired a unique position in the F-35 (JSF) program based on our design and development capabilities. In addition, FLG has been working on the development of technologies for the application of Polymer Matrix Composite material on landing gear components for over 15 years. This gives FLG a leading technology position in the Landing Gear market, and we are positioned to contribute to the development of better, sustainable aircraft.
- Technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering, with a professional qualification / background (university degree) in engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- Experience of managing New Product / Process introduction (industrialisation) & existing production process improvements
- Ability to influence people, build trust and establish effective working relationships within a global organisation
- Working knowledge of LEAN processes and practices
- Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken