Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you want to be the key player in reducing CO2 emissions of DAF vehicles?
For the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Technical Analyst Fuel Economy and CO2 simulations. The stringent requirements on CO2 emissions in the coming years will force the truck industry to put a lot of effort in further optimizing conventional vehicle concepts but also focus more and more on alternative powertrain concepts.
You will support the development in new vehicle projects and Advanced Technology projects by means of numerical simulations. The main focus of the development is on improving the powertrain by including and optimizing hybrid/electrification functionality and investigating alternative zero-emission powertrain concepts.
You are responsible for:
- Building and improving vehicle simulations models for broad range of advanced powertrain concepts, incl. model validation;
- Performing simulations and analyses on fuel economy/energy consumption, CO2 emissions on vehicle and total fleet level and drive ability performance;
- Processing the analyses to conclusions and design recommendations including reporting on technical as well as management level;
- Defining and managing simulation plans on fuel economy & CO2 emissions;
- Aligning the activities and deliverables with Vehicle Definition, Vehicle Testing and Vehicle Engineering departments and in global context with other PACCAR divisions;
- Maintaining the domain knowledge by following the new technologies in the field of fuel economy, CO2 emissions and alternative powertrains;
- Improving the CAE capabilities by introducing and implementing new methods and processes at DAF and other PACCAR divisions;
As Technical Analyst Fuel Economy and CO2 simulations you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Technical Analysis.
This Technical Analysis department consists of a team with 12 specialists, responsible for the numerical verification and validations of new vehicle concepts and vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: fuel economy and CO2 emission, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, vehicle handling, crash safety, durability. These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automotive/Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics;
- Proven affinity/experience with Automotive Technology, numerical simulations on powertrain and/or energy management;
- Knowledge and experience with Matlab/Simulink;
- Good analytic and organizing skills;
- Effective communication skills in the Dutch and English language;
- A customer oriented team player with a proactive and result driven work style.