Secondment via YER
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Product Engineer in Rheden. So if you are looking for a highly analytical Engineering role, this is a chance to develop yourself with a key player in hydrogen compression, with a rich heritage in oil, gas, petrochemical and a future in renewable energy applications.
- Studying customer RFQ’s (material requisition, datasheets, drawings, specifications related to the compressor);
- Performing detailed calculations (compressor sizing & selection, torsional analysis, pulsation studies);
- Performing basic calculations for auxiliary equipment (drivers, vessels) & systems;
- Generate customer required documentation;
- Communication with a variety of people (internal, sub-suppliers, customers);
- Specification of components in compressor systems according to customer requirements and internal standards, in relation to system aspects such as process gas handling, lube oil and cooling water systems, instrumentation, drive systems and condition monitoring;
- Receives and reviews customer feedback and implements changes after consultation of the project execution team;
- Is in close contact with suppliers to come to the correct specification and implementation of required components or modules;
- Advices the lead engineer on potential risks in the project and proposes counter measures;
- Is an internal knowledge owner with focus on standardization and implementing improvements in these standards.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act, improve processes and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a horizontal move within HCR. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or similar;
- 3-5 years’ experience in this position or similar;
- Knowledge on rotating equipment and applied standards;
- Understanding of customer’s technical requirements and needs;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Focus on safety and quality;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Willingness to travel: up to 5% of the time
Our ideal candidate has the following competences:
- commercial orientation
- result driven
- planning and organizing skills;
- team player;
- creative thinker;