Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you a Mechanical engineer who is interested to develop and improve after treatment hardware for DAF's newest generations of trucks?
As Mechanical Expert - After treatment Hardware you are responsible for in-production and / or future projects products for the European and North American markets.
- Develop new and/or improve existing after treatment components, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability;
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle;
- Performing all required DFSS deliverables within the project, according Six Sigma principles, including requirement and validation definition;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning (both external and internal deliverables) and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
- As After treatment Hardware Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the After treatment Hardware group.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art testing centre we develop engine and after treatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are the best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design (EHWD) is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and after treatment concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and After treatment Hardware.
Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical, Mechatronic or Engine Engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferable in engine/after treatment.
- Master key competences such as communication, team player, data analytics, and fast in depth knowledge built-up.
- Ability to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem-solving and result driven personality.
- Master both the Dutch and English language, in writing and speaking.