Secondment via YER
Food, Feed, Pharma
Over deze vacature
Purpose of the role
The 3PL support role is working in the Regional Transportation Team. The team manages the outsourced activities in the Regional Distribution Center (DC) in Boortmeerbeek, Belgium, and transportation of any shipment leaving the warehouse. This DC is part of the companies logistics network and is used as the supporting warehouse for the Heist plant, as a regional DC for EEMEA customers and as the distribution center for the Benelux region.
The team is based initially in Haarlem but will move to Amsterdam Zuid in June 2021. The associate will support in operational tasks and requests between the company worldwide and the DC, as well as supporting activities such as daily reporting files and reviewing Temperature excursion for the shipped deliveries leaving the DC.
This role includes as well managing month closures and will support the manager in financial reports.
The role is reporting to the Associate Director Logistics.
- Performing daily inventory reconciliations: check if quantity and status are the same in COMET and the DC system. This involves investigation and making corrections or giving instructions to Organon or DHL to correct
- Cooperate with all DHL departments to solve issues and establish improvements
- Being the contact of escalation for the DC in case they encounter issues where the root cause is situated within the company
- Create reports out of COMET
- Create deliveries for bulk items leaving the DC
- Ensure the DC is ready to receive, store and ship new items based on the New Product Introduction and Change Control
- Be a backup and support for the roles of your colleagues (Transportation specialist/3PL supervisor) whenever necessary to ensure the business processes keep running smoothly
- Member of projects (continuous improvement)
- Support and follow up on new products flowing through the DC, ensuring that the DC has all the necessary parameters to process the goods properly
- Ensuring the TLRAs (Temperature Lane Risk Assessments) are executed on timely basis for the routes where no 100% temperature monitoring is present + analysis before handing over to Organon Quality
- It's a temporary position for the next 6 months!
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Very good conditions:
- Marktconform salary
- 25 holiday days
- 10 ADV days
- Full travel allowance
Professional education and skills
- MBO education or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge of Supply Chain Management and logistics
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Profound root cause analysis capabilities
- Accuracy / eye for detail
- Analytical skills (complex processes with different parties involved)
- Customer focused and familiar to operate in an International environment
- SAP experience
- Work autonomously
- Teamwork and collaborative focus