Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 20.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products.
You will be working in one of the greenhouse engineering teams as a tech lead. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages and monitor the quality of the results. Your primary focus will be guiding the team members in applying DevSecOps principles and technology and designing and implementing solutions in accordance with requirements and roadmap. Leading by example is key.
Key requirements are enabling DevSecOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevSecOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
Context of the position
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer. This means you will be working on enabling the heartbeat of some the most advanced technologies on the planet.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
▪ Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
▪ Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
▪ Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
▪ Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
▪ Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
▪ Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
▪ Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
▪ DevSecOps, Software development lifecycle, Secure development
▪ Embedded software development using C/C++ and RHEL
▪ Extensive knowledge & experience of build systems (Bazel and Cmake are a plus)
▪ Infrastructure as code and cloud principles
▪ Software architecture and design principles
▪ SCM Systems and GIT (Clearcase and SVN are a plus)
▪ (Automated) software integration & release processes. concepts and tools
▪ Management of toolstacks: GitHub, GitLab, Atlassian
▪ Software development within ASML or similar environments
▪ You are seeking to work in a precise and challenging department.
▪ You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
▪ You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
▪ You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
▪ You are passionate about technologies and you would like be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global usability.