Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for a candidate with excellent procurement skills and affinity or experience in the field of IT.
As Category Buyer you are part of the Global Category team as well as the Netherlands Procurement team. You are responsible for managing a dedicated Procurement Category portfolio within the segment "IT" and for negotiating and managing contracts in this segment within the organisation as well as deploying the global strategy. Your focus will be predominantly on IT.
Pro-actively and in close alignment with the GCM (Global Category Manager), the internal stakeholders and the PPM (Procurement Project Manager) organisation you drive the local Category strategy in line with the business needs and coherent with the global strategy defined by the GCM for the Category. By leading the full procurement process from requisition until end of contract you ensure competitiveness, quality and timely delivery within your Category. You are able to negotiate and bridge gaps to satisfy the needs of your stakeholders.
Managing internal and external stakeholders is key in building close relations with your suppliers in order to make supplier knowledge and competitiveness available to the benefit of the products and services.
With a positive attitude you actively contribute to further professionalize the procurement organisation in it’s transformation to a strategic, high impact and high performance.
Your responsibilities include:
- Understand and implement/deploy the Category strategy
- Drive selection, negotiation and contracting of suppliers
- Manage and control supplier performances
- Identify and achieve cost reductions and improvements in cooperation with the suppliers and stakeholders
YER Supply Chain offers you the opportunity to work at high-profile organisations throughout the Netherlands. We are a high-level sparring partner that can give your career the boost it needs! You will be employed by YER and work at one of our clients.
- An interesting job within motivated team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
We are in search for a person who is/has:
- Experience (as buyer) and/or education in this field of expertise (IT)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to build good relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Able to oversee and value interests from a broad perspective
- Good communication skills
- Solution oriented
- Decisive and stress resistant finisher
- Fluent in English, French and German are a plus
- Preferably experience in IT Procurement
- Completed relevant higher education
- Affinity with high tech business