Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Do you enjoy developing software in Python and you have experience with microservice architecture? In addition, do you know how to develop cloud-based services? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
Designing and implementing cloud based microservices for providing digital map data to customers. Developing architecture and API’s in close cooperation with navigation data experts.
The activities will take place within the ‘Data Delivery Service’ (DDS) department which develops all tools to process the datasets of the various digital geographic map data providers. This is a team of over 40 software engineers who work on a suite of highly advanced software tools. The software tools are used by the ‘Production & Operations’ department to create the products for our customers. Products include maps for embedded navigation systems, ADAS maps and maps that are used for autonomous driving. The DDS activities comprise the development of software that is used to convert and deliver digital geographic data to the so-called, NDS navigation database format and some other database formats. The input data can originate from local suppliers in one country, or from global parties.
Our customers are moving from using (semi-)static navigation databases to consuming web-based services that provide navigation-related content with high update frequencies. For this purpose, implementation of a next-gen architecture supporting these use cases ongoing. Your work is the development of such services based on existing standardization initiatives and based on our current existing implementations. The job includes rapid prototyping, service architecture development and related tasks. Regular technical contact both internal and external parties will be required. You will be working in an initially small team that will initiate the development of the services. We work in an agile scrum environment.
This technology company is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning and automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS and autonomous driving. They are the market leader in navigation maps, dynamic traffic information, navigation software development and state-of-the-art customized telematics solutions to both passenger and commercial vehicles. Now, they are ushering in the age of autonomous driving with a comprehensive technology development strategy and laying the foundation to become one of the most trustworthy autonomous driving solution providers in the world.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, bonus model)
- Development opportunities with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and relocation support)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent study.
- Design and development of cloud-based navigation- and spatial data services
- Development of Proof of Concept for various services
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Performing developer tests on your own code and writing automated tests.
- Creating and updating SW documentation.
- Experience with developing and using RESTful web services and JSON,
- Experience with Python 3, particularly in combination with Flask and OpenAPI
- Preferably some knowledge of (modern) C++
- Knowledge of Linux, both as a development and execution platform,
- Applied knowledge in one or more of these domains: distributed computing, scalability, high availability, microservices, CI/CD, containers/virtualization, cloud computing,
- Experience with (complex) SQL queries is a strong bonus,
- Practically minded: a “doer”,
- Command of written and spoken English.
We look for an enthusiastic and motivated colleague with 5+ years relevant work experience.