Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits (‘chips’). ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in Wilton (USA) and in Veldhoven (The Netherlands).
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for ASML’s internal and external activities.
The ‘User Experience & User Interfaces’ team within ASML IT creates user-facing solutions that enable ASML employees to work more efficiently and effectively, that are quickly adopted and continuously used, and that provide a consistent user experience across applications, devices and locations. Our work concerns custom applications as well as adaptations to standard software. The software ranges from desktop applications used in the ASML offices, to mobile applications used in our factories, to wearable applications used in our customers’ clean rooms.
- Prepare and execute user research methods such as contextual inquiry and task analysis.
- Communicate findings using e.g. personas, user requirements, user stories, workflows, user experience maps.
- Validate prototypes through local, remote, moderated, unmoderated, formative and summative usability tests.
- Define quantitative UX metrics and collect data to report on them.
- Create low- and high-fidelity (interactive) mock-ups, preferably using Axure.
- Apply the ASML design guidelines and contribute to their definition and documentation.
- Make sure that mock-ups are aligned with the functional and technical design stakeholders.
- Define the right user-centered design approach based on the project’s goals and status quo (budget, timelines, availability of skills, etc.).
- Embed the approach in the project’s way of working and safeguard it under sometimes adverse project conditions.
- Pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your peers from the UX&UI team.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines
- Ability to deal with resistance and convince others of the value of UX
- Ability to balance short- and long-term goals, to compromise and to adapt way of working
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing project conditions
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Available for at least 32 hours per week.
- Experience with enterprise UX (vs. consumer UX)
- Experience with moderating participatory design/co-creation/design thinking workshops
- Experience with agile/scrum/DevOps
- Experience with Mendix/Atlas UI
- Experience with visual design