Contract with Client
Manufacturing, Consumer Goods
Over deze vacature
An opportunity has come up in the Operational Procurement department for a NPR Buyer (Non Product Related) based at the European headquarters in Helmond. This is an exciting chance for a procurement talent who's looking to combine operational work with strategic thinking in a challenging environment. This role reports to the Sr. Operational Procurement Manager, also based in Helmond.
Do you want to build NPR buying experience (for example: IT, R&D, HRM)? Do you strive for Best Value for Money with your buying expertise, market knowledge and creative negotiating? And you are not afraid to challenge budget owners and suppliers? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
As a NPR Buyer you are responsible for the translation of our business needs to optimal purchased services and goods. In close relation with your internal customer you source, select and contract suppliers in a wide portfolio. For assigned NPR categories you develop strategy plans to explore savings opportunities and to manage risks. Your buying expertise is recognized and enables you to take the lead in projects from a Procurement perspective. With your flexible mindset you are willing and eager to adapt your scope and deliver support in a changing environment.
- Supplier relation & performance management for NPR suppliers of the European Competence Center (e.g. ICT, R&D, Marketing) and Dorel Netherlands (e.g. facilities, building).
- Negotiate and maintain contracts, prices, delivery terms, and other relevant conditions.
- You initiate and analyse RFP/RFI/RFQ’s for European NPR projects.
- Execution of tenders, benchmarks and negotiations in line with the strategic category plans.
- Manage Procurement tools like contract management system, N2P tool, ERP.
- Reporting on KPI’s and added value.
- To contribute to the department’s operation you support in administrative tasks and initiate process optimizations.
The European Operations' division of Dorel Juvenile consists of 5 departments: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Procurement, and Supplier Quality. The (international) Procurement department counts 22 dedicated colleagues, divided over Operational Procurement and Strategic Procurement. The Operational Procurement department currently consists of 17 team members, based in Helmond-NL (7), Cholet-FR (7) and Porto-PT (3). The Procurement department actively contributes to Dorel’s profitability, and the EU team works closely with the procurement dept based in China. Together, they are responsible for an annual spend of approximately €230M, of which €36M Non Product Related (NPR), mainly purchased in Europe and Asia.
Are you ready to grow with us?
Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Baby Art, and Tiny Love can be found in over 80 countries worldwide. The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
- Higher or academic education diploma.
- Preferably some years of working experience in purchasing in an international environment.
- Fluency in both Dutch and English is a must.
- Analysis and problem-solving competency.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to travel within Europe (occasionally).