Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with knowledge of (diesel) engines and systems, such as fuel injection equipment, EGR systems and turbo systems? Then this may be your ideal position!
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU team as well as to the Project Lead Engineer. As a design engineer, you design new engine components/systems for application in future engine families, in cooperation with design engineers, suppliers and production engineering. You are responsible for component releases within the pre-defined timeline, with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability and cost. Design processes are based on Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in-depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting (time) pressure
- Design for Six Sigma and problem-solving skills.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within PACCAR Inc., the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split into 5 groups: EAS Hardware, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries, CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a design engineer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Clear (level dependent) communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is highly preferred