• Translates the test policy and test strategy for every user story/feature within his/her domain area into technical solutions for testing;
• Actively participates in the grooming sessions to define the high-level test design for features/user story taking customer scenarios in perspective.
• Writes test scenarios and uses these scenarios to develop automated or manual tests;
• Responsible for executing the manual tests by coordinating the scope with Product owner and Tech Lead.
• Testing KPIs/NFRs.
• Performs exploratory tests to detect gaps in test suite/approach for high quality sprint deliverables.
• Performs feasibility studies with respect to testing;
• Performs studies and recommends about the usage of test techniques, methods and tools;
• Specifies the applicable test environment and performs the evaluation of test tools to support automated testing and test engineering in general;
• Creates (or facilitates the creation of) an infrastructure for optimum usage of test tools;
• Coaches other test engineers and developers in the team.
• Create test awareness, provide coaching and ensure appropriate transfer of testing know-how to the team of engineers.
• All responsibilities as described for the test engineer function:
• Configures the test set up of the modules and components and tests the integrated design in a defined and controlled environment.
• Reviews applicable deliverables and documents for sprint releases and platform deliverables.
• Writes test cases (based on the defined test design) and develops automated test scripts;
• Executes tests;
• Analyses and interprets test results and if any issues found, decides on and submits problem reports
• Assists SW engineers in the analysis of reported problems.
• Based upon the test results, extends the set of test cases and creates new test specifications if required;
• Deploys the customer test environment and executes the end user test scenarios.
• Pre-screens the customer submitted defects.
- measures towards monitoring (quality of service in the field)
- collaborates with software engineers to ensure testability and unit test coverage
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.