Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Do you like to break things and focus on bad weather scenarios? Do you have a genuine interest in Linux, coding and SW testing? Do you have experience with Behaviour Driven Development (Cucumber, Behave)? Are you good in programming, networking, debugging and above all you're creative? Then we are interested in you!
To improve and extend the automatic test tools for automatically testing changes in operating systems and the functionality built on top of this like automatic software installation and backup and restore of machine configuration data, customer specific adaptions and machine network configuration.
Context of the position
Within the computer systems platform we have a test and integration team that integrates the work of all developers into a Linux distribution . This distribution is qualified and delivered to the software release. To do this the team works with ClearCase and the ASML software version control system. An automated Jenkins test server automatically executes all repetitive tasks in the integration and test sequence.
To support the users of the software we have created we have installed a support team of experts that can solve problems with using our software functions or software interfaces. Since ASML has a diverse and international population, the English language is used in all formal documentation and communications.
The Software Test Engineer will ensure automation environments run smoothly and are continuously improved. The activities include:
- Creating a testing strategy for the developed products
- Review requirements, check their feasibility and report flaws
- Understand the requirements and communicate them inside your team
- Clarify behaviour and high-level requirements by writing test scenarios
- Support the team implementing new behaviour
- Setup and manage an integration environment to run the tests
- Make software builds self-testing by automating the test scenarios
- Perform manual testing where necessary
- Report defects to your colleagues, work together to get them fixed
- Propose changes in order to improve quality in the future
- Work in a scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You have finished at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields preferably added with ISTQB Foundation Tester certificate or similar.
We have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge on test theories and strategies.
- Experience in developing scripts in Python.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT).
- Experience in working with Linux or Solaris operating systems.
We are looking for pragmatic and enthusiastic test professionals with good communication skills. You have a high standard in regard to delivering quality solutions. You are a true self-starter, take initiative, self-learning and you enjoy achieving results.