Secondment via YER
Medical & Health, Engineering, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For a high-tech company in Eindhoven, YER is recruiting a R&D Project Manager - Mechatronics.
As Project Manager you will be part of an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team and you will be responsible to manage projects from conception towards introduction in the factory. The disciplines involved are mechanical, electrical, software, thermal, mechatronics, service, operations, sourcing etc. which may reside inside or outside the team or at suppliers. Based on the type of project this can be across geographically dispersed locations including Europe and US based Engineering teams.
You will typically be responsible to run 2 to 3 projects or activities in parallel. You will be the spokesperson for your projects and will manage your projects from start to finish. The decisions made by you and your teams will have direct business impact. Your challenge will be to create technological complex products, meeting the needs of all your stakeholders, combining short term goals with long term needs. You will report directly to the Manager R&D of your team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage the project scope within the agreed budget, timeline, product cost, quality
- Effectively manage the requirements with cross-functional teams including marketing, sourcing, manufacturing and service.
- Adherence to the development process and defined delivery schedules.
- Implement rigorous review processes and set clear expectations around the key deliverables of the project.
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Contribute to the engineering budgeting process by providing financial/budgetary analysis and recommendations for projected systems' development/design, enhancements/upgrades and manpower
With over 60 years of innovation and leadership, this high-tech company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically, requires a University Degree in Mechatronics, Engineering or Physics.
- Typically, requires 7-10 years of work experience, of which you have worked in an R&D environment.
- Experience with development of mechatronics modules.
- 3+ years proven experience in systems or subsystems project management, with ambition to continue to grow in a role as project manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex engineering projects through a defined product management process.
- Ability to build consensus among key stakeholders that may not be under your management control.
- Strong communication ability is required due to the cross-functional nature of this role. An ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is helpful in this role.
- Ability to manage and assign specific duties and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
We seek candidates that take initiative, are self-steering, self-confident and conceptual thinkers. Outside an excellent communicator, you’re a team player and can switch easily to any level in the organization. You have perseverance, are decisive and target driven with a proven quality-, cost- and time-focus. You combine a strong analytical view with a pragmatic attitude and are able to flex yourself in a dynamic product development environment. You are value oriented and able to set and act according priorities at the same time.