Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Over deze vacature
The Financial Accountant Sales is responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting relating to the sales activities within the Global Enabling Services - Record to Report (GES - RtR) Sales department of ASML. You will ensure proper and timely internal and external reporting in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance, herewith challenging underlying assumptions. You contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the area of the E2E Market to Cash process and tooling. It is a challenging position in a hectic, dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines and direct impact on ASML’s financial results.
The focus in this position is on executing and optimising the accounting and reporting processes of the contracts with our customers and all related sales activities and ensuring proper reporting on revenues.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of sales related accounting for ASML products (systems and options). Maintain related balance sheets;
- Ensure proper and timely internal and external reporting in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance (ASC606 / IFRS15);
- Reviewing and interpretation of customer contracts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance (ASC606/IFRS15);
- Calculating and assessing impact of transactions on global customer contracts on Group and Local level for sales related activities;
- Execution and documentation of internal control framework and SOX controls for the applicable processes;
- Liaise with Tax, Customs, Legal, Local Entity Controllers and other stakeholders on impact on local rules and regulations;
- Support in improvement initiatives in the area of sales accounting and the revenue recognition process;
- Provide ad-hoc support for accounting related questions from our Sales Account managers and/or Business Controllers;
- Proactively seek for continuous improvements in the execution of activities, improving efficiency and quality;
- Adding quality and value to information by providing solid analysis.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
This is a temporary assignment for approximately 8 months at ASML. You will be secondment via YER or work as a freelancer/ZZP-er.
- Academic degree in Finance and/or Business Economics. RA/RC degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 Years of relevant experience, preferably at one of the big 4 audit firms;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the requirements as result thereof;
- Experience with Spotfire/Excel reports is a pre;
- Experience with SAP ECC/SD is preferred.
- Multidisciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Excellent analytical skills (must)
- Good communicative skills in English
- Proactive/hands-on attitude
- Strives for continuous improvement