Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For Frencken in Eindhoven, YER is recruiting a Senior Mechanical Designer.
You will be part of Frencken's Engineering department. Frencken Engineering is a specialist in all aspects of product development, from mechanical, electrical and mechatronic design to motion & control. We also have extensive applications know-how, for example, in motion control, precision positioning in cleanroom or vacuum environments. We can start with an idea, functional specifications, a working prototype or an existing product, and take it to series production. Our Product Creation Process ensures an effective project execution, including the NPI process when going into series production. The multi-disciplinary teams, led by seasoned project managers, work closely with customers’ development people as well as with our global supply chain management and manufacturing resources. As experts in ‘design for manufacture’ we avoid bottlenecks, delays and unexpected quality issues and deliver consistent quality.
- Reviews and negotiates on customer requirements
- Renders customer requirements into system and/or module specifications.
- Breaks down specifications into modular concepts and functions, enabling reusability also in future system designs.
- Prepares quotations with concept(s), material costs and reliable development effort estimations.
- Creates (sub) system concepts with proven technology /risk management in mind, optimized by a multi-disciplinary view (motion, vision, software, electronics and mechanics), setup in CAD, and founded by necessary theoretical calculations.
- Creates (sub) system designs, based on defined concept(s). Product cost, regulations, manufacturability, serviceability, technical risk, project delivery time and development effort are taken into account.
- Delegates, controls and verifies design and product documentation of (external) designers
- Takes technical responsibility in projects and is aware of his/her leading role in these projects.
- Supports the Sales and Customer organizations as a technical specialist
- Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge (via training and networking)
- Pro-actively contributes in improvement processes
- Coaches colleagues and delegates work.
- Initiates and manages in- and external discussions concerning system requirements, design and architecture
- Transfers relevant knowledge with stakeholders in- and outside the organization
- Manages his/her own work and the work assigned to others based on the project plan
- Delivers planning and development strategy input to the project managers.
- Inspires and coaches team members to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile
- Initiates and deploys changes and improvements within Frencken Engineering.
- Manages progress and problems pro-actively until closure
- Verifies the architecture/design pro-actively with his stakeholders and delegates parts of the architecture/design to designers and engineers.
Frencken Europe develops and produces complex mechatronic machines and devices for leading clients in the medical, analytical and semiconductor industries, based on customer specifications. Thanks to an innovative approach and modern design techniques, the time-to-market is kept as short as possible.
Frencken Europe also takes care of the construction and verification of prototypes. In addition, Frencken Europe supports the introduction within the other Frencken companies.
The projects are carried out by multidisciplinary teams that work closely with development partners and suppliers.
Frencken Europe is part of the international Frencken Group Ltd with subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA.
- Skilled in designing complex mechatronic systems from (pre-) concept phase, up to system verification.
- Skilled in development and outsourcing.
- Skilled in methodologies and available tools for, rendering customer requests in a reliable and competitive design.
- Strong affinity with mechatronics and precision mechanics.
- Skilled in dynamic system behavior
- Skilled in CAD, PDM, calculation and simulation tooling
- Skilled in geometrical dimensioning and tolerances
- Skilled in value engineering (applied production processes)
- Is a conceptual, lateral, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing
- Is able to give presentations on technical issues to large groups, and can influence the effect of the presentation.
- Uses different communication styles and can adapt his/her communication to all levels in- and outside the organization.
- Knows how to balance empathy and goals
- Is open for feedback on his/her work and behaviour and able to give feedback on content, behaviour and process.
- Is aware of own and others effectiveness and knows how to use this knowledge effectively
- Leadership (technical), motivating, coaching and delegating, hands-on team-player, manages individuals, teams and stakeholders effectively.
- Can handle uncertainty and gives direction to mitigate when needed
- Technical education at bachelor or academic level
- More than 10 years’ experience in product development related to precision mechanics, value engineering, vacuum, medical equipment and mechatronics.