Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrologie tools and advanced applications to analyse and optimise the performance of the customer production process.
Participate in the design and development of our distributed data and compute platform infrastructure. Be accurate, be precise and own the specification, design, guide implementation and support test design of new features. Select open source or commercial packages that support the development of semiconductor process tuning applications on the ASML platform. We like our Architects to be active hands on so on occasion we also expect you support installation of these platforms in Korea, Taiwan, Israel, China and the US (etc.).
Be part of this compute platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others.
You will be working with the architect’s and development teams in the virtual compute platform (VCP). This platform is developed inside ASML to host compute and analytics applications that aim to improve the yield in the semiconductor factories of our customers.
These applications take data from ASML scanners and ASML yield star equipment. They combine this data to real time production corrections and scanner process diagnostics. The corrections are sent back to the ASML production equipment. Failure of the platform would mean failure of the customers (Tsmc, Samsung, Intel etc.) production facility.
The platform is currently developed based on DC/OS (Apache Mesos). We develop the platform aspects in our team. Scheduling of resources, containerization, fail-over and data collection from scanner and measurement devices inside the fab are key properties of the platform layer. Uptime is business critical.
Installation and upgrade runs through Ansible. Other technologies used now or in the future are Spark for data processing, Kafka for notifications and high volume data ingestion, HDFS , HBase, MongoDB for data storage.
Responsibilities of the Distributed Computing Infrastructure Architect
- Write clean, easy to maintain code
- Do good code reviews (thorough, yet supportive)
- Mentor the team, helping them grow, improve how the team works
- Take end-to-end ownership of features (requirements, design documents, test strategy, qualification). In short, make ship run mindset.
- Call out risks on projects you work; understand trade-offs; present to your peers
- Prove there's a problem before you devise a solution
- Be a partner to Product & Engineering managers; explain the complexities of the infrastructure in the best way possible to help senior management set the right priorities
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends outside ASML and maintain technical roadmap.
- The need for update and upgrades of third party components is obvious to you but you do understand the complexity this brings to N platform installations worldwide.
- Scale and tune different platform capabilities for better performance, reliability, and throughput.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Required qualifications & experiences
- Expertise in distributed computing systems, you learned this by doing
- Long and solid experience with Ansible and Kubernetes, see below.
- Linux expertise
- Proven experience and a drive to troubleshoot complex problems with your teams. If needed you lead by example.
Highly valued qualifications & experiences
- Experience with DC/OS and/or K8S;
- Experience with new technology introduction @ zero downtime including data migration
- Fan of automatic testing and qualification.
- Available to work (remotely) outside regular office hours when it proves that attempt to build a fail-safe system was not yet successful. We really want this to be an exception, not a rule
- Masters degree in computer science or similar.
- No is not an answer/Open to Challenges
- Think out of the box
- Look through the customer eyes
- Collaboration with stake holders
- Curiosity, understand how the system is working
- Ability to dive deep into a specific topic
Keywords: Ansible, Kubernetes, DC/OS, HDFS, HBase, Spark, MongoDB, Docker, Kafka, Spring Boot, Splunk, Linux, Bamboo, Nexus, JIRA, Scrum, RHEV, RHEL, Distributed Computing, Python, GoLang
As maintenance and definition of playbooks is an important part of your work we would like to see in your application where and how you have gained that experience. Please add a section to your application letter to explain to some extent why you qualify great at this requirement. The same holds for containerisation, welcome for Hadoop.