Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Over deze vacature
Are you looking for a next step in your career and would enjoy taking up the challenge of enabling ASML business to achieve its objectives while being in control?
The Internal Controls & Compliance team is responsible to drive sustainable and cost-effective internal control on a worldwide basis. You will be part of a team that connects to ASML’s sectors and translates complex internal control challenges to simple solutions. You will ensure that proper controls are embedded in the end-to-end processes in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. The scope does not only include financial reporting controls but also other key business process and compliance controls.
As Internal Control Expert, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic internal control expertise and know how to communicate/translate control requirements to the business.
The Internal Control Expert is responsible to implement effective, proven concepts of internal controls to support our operational managers with sound decision-making and assist us to optimize processes. The expert connects to ASML’s process owners and other stakeholders of these processes and explains complex risk and control topics in business language in order to support proper decision-making. You drive internal control in a dynamic and changing environment and maintain internal control frameworks for ASML worldwide.
As Internal Control Expert your key responsibilities are:
- Drive and manage internal control and compliance areas for one or several end-to-end processes.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the business processes and define the relevant risks and controls.
- Setup and maintain a professional relationship with the key stakeholders within the relevant processes.
- Define and participate in business projects that impact internal control and the control framework and through workshops define the appropriate risks & controls to ensure the integrity of the processes.
- Manage internal control deficiencies when/where incurred and ensure that deficiencies are timely resolved by the organization.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Assignment for 2 years! Depending on experience and education the hourly rate is € 80 - € 90.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master degree in Economics. A completed RA or RO is preferred
- 7-9 years relevant experience in finance or auditing.
- Audit experience at one of the big 4 audit firms or internal control or internal audit experience in international environment (must).
- Knowledge of Internal control/COSO and Sarbanes-Oxley Act is highly preferred.
- SAP knowledge is preferred.
Important personal competencies for this job are:
- Making complex topics simple and transparent;
- Combining clear, critical thinking with decisiveness;
- Good social and effective communication skills; persuasiveness and ability to influence;
- Proactive/hands-on attitude;
- Overcoming barriers for change and engages others to take action.