Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
For their R&D-IT Domain, they are looking for a 3rd line infrastructure Engineer that has the ambition to manage our client's infrastructure for the R&D IT.
About the role
In this role you will be working in the R&D IT Infra Services. The R&D IT Infra Engineer is responsible for management and support of our client's R&D Design Environment infrastructure.
The Design environment comprises a complex landscape of EDA Applications supported by High Performance compute/storage environments consolidated in 4 regional datacenters. The design environment is used by over 10.000 designers located over 35+ premises. The state-of-the-art infrastructure has over 15.000 cores and few PBytes of data, serving over 2000plus CAD applications & versions. The infra services team are located globally.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be held responsible for maintaining and implementing complex and advanced technologies in the R&D IT Solutions domain of our client. You work in close cooperation with Application Groups and Engineering teams, including assurance that requirements and its solutions are designed, built and incorporated into the Engineering IT services delivered to the customer.
- Provide 3rd Line support for the infrastructure environment, including the Linux OS, Storage, Virtualisation.
- Communicate and align with customers to ensure full comprehension of Changes
- Lead and/or participate in global development projects leading to new/other R&D IT services;
- Stay abreast of latest IT technology developments concerning infrastructure and corresponding R&D IT.
- Automate the workflows wherever it is applicable
Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
We are looking for a candidate reflecting the following profile:
- 10+ years of providing IT Infrastructure support with focus on supporting Linux OS
- Understanding of Linux OS interaction with VMWare and Storage
- Automation of workflow using Ansible/Python
- Redhat Satellite 6 experience
- Strong drive and team player mentality
- Good communication skills.
- Ambitious and outgoing personality who enjoys a fast paced technology environment
- Infrastructure certifications (RHEL, Ansible, Netapp)
- Experience with ITIL and operational support
The following requirements are not essential to be successful in the role, however, we do appreciate to see them in your profile:
- Experience being part of Devops team
- Hands-on experience in creating and working on CI/CD pipelines
- Must have: Linux support & development capabilities; Red Hat Satellite 6 (hands-on, admin, configuration); automation knowledge: preferable Ansible or Python)
- Candidates located in the Netherlands
- Dutch not required
- Available on short notice