Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you the accurate and communicative engineer who is driven by supporting design engineers and other stakeholders in making the right choices while selecting mechanical vendor components for their design? Are you willing to take ownership for a certain range of components, while assuring quality and a technical fit? Are you challenged by being the linking pin between several ASML departments? If so, you might be our new component engineer enforcing our engineering team.
An ASML machine contains many standardised mechanical components, of which the design is not owned or controlled by ASML. Amongst these components basically 3 major subcategory are defined:
- Fluid Power components, such as fittings, tubes, pumps, purifiers, valves
- Fasteners & Adhesives, such bolts, rivets, screws, inserts, pins, glues, lubricants & chemicals
- Mechanical and optical components, like, linear and rotary motion, handles, brackets, caps, plugs and some optical components.
Based on your personal profile you will work on one of these subcategories, your job mission is to investigate, qualify, release, monitor and advise on these components in order to secure the specific requirements of ASML.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development Engineering (DE) the Component Engineering department provides the worldwide ASML community a well-maintained library of mechanical components according the ASML QLTC standards and helps in selecting, qualifying, and releasing of mechanical components during new product introductions, in order to make effectively use of these released components in our ASML systems for long term.Responsibilities
- You will be part of the mechanical component engineering team within ASML.
- You will create and maintain the vendor components in the related databases, mainly responsible for a sub-category of components, however you will also learn from other component groups
- Based on your technical and social skills you are able to support project engineers in component selection..
- You are able to investigate all relevant information and compare the component specifications with both the requirements coming from a certain design, as well as with our general ASML requirements
- You are able to present your findings to different levels in the organisation
- You are able to perform under changing priorities with a high frequency of interrupts as well as being creative in finding solutions
- You operate as a linking pin in NPI processes within the ASML organisation and the associated manufacturers where you lead the technical activities and communication with the manufacturer
- You support the End-of-life teams while assessing alternative solutions for components that are not produced or supplied anymore
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Mechanical engineering or similar engineering degree, HBO or bachelor
- Experience in the field of standardisation and/or mechanical product engineering
- Experience in communication with different level of stakeholders across organisations
- Preferably 2-5 years of working experience in a technical company
- Some working experience within the automotive industry or aerospace industry is a plus.
- You communicate very well in English and have good human relations skills
- You are able to fit in the open multicultural environment of ASML.
- You are familiar with computer applications and you learn quickly about new ones
- You are very accurate and you have an attention to details
- You are willing to educate yourself in all required fields and keep your knowledge up to date