Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
As a Cloud Test Engineer you will be working in the dynamic Hue R&D development team alongside other engineers on one of the largest commercial IoT systems. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
In this environment our customers should be able to rely on new functions whilst maintaining stability and high performance. To achieve this, we require a highly skilled and motivated tester that can work with the latest techniques and practices in the world of networked devices, cloud infrastructures, and agile software development.
As a Cloud Test Engineer, your role is to test and release functionality for the services in the IoT infrastructure with focus on the Hue cloud. You have strong experience in DevOps environments, CI/CD, testing, QA, and you have experience working in various cloud environments and Google Cloud Platform in particular. You have working experience with agile software development practices.
This position is a great opportunity for those who wish to gain knowledge in IoT systems at the largest IoT company in the world and at the same time develop and share your experience in testing, integration, and releasing activities with peers. You work alongside our software development engineers on our Hue lighting system on innovative solutions for our challenges in the IoT domain.
- Translate the functional and non-functional requirements of new IoT features into test requirements and test cases that are relevant for the Hue Cloud.
- Test and integrate the software for new IoT functionality running in the cloud to enable new customer experiences.
- Implement a test automation framework into a CI/CD pipeline according to the DevOps principles and contribute to operating the service after release.
- Learn and make improvements on the existing IoT functionality based on data gathered from the field to further enhance the customer experience.
- Work with our suppliers and make sure that delivered software pleases our end-users.
- Propose changes to improve the performance and quality of the cloud test framework and its processes.
- Innovate on our development practices and processes, and coach others in this domain. Support solutions for our continuous integration / continuous delivery environment.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimise the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You are a highly self-steering professional with a passion for home automation and networking. You are able to challenge and steer peers to deliver reliable and quality software releases.
- Proven experience with verifying and validation complex cloud software products, yet with a drive to push engineers to keep their designs simple, robust, and elegant so verification and validation is simple.
- Proven experience with verifying and validating features in a continuous delivery environment with daily deliveries to production.
- Experience with connectivity, networking, and IoT including typical challenges seen “in the last mile”.
- Proper understanding of security concepts.
- Drive to work data-driven and make decisions accordingly.
- Experience working with agile development techniques (scrum, continuous integration and delivery, pair programming).
- Familiar with embedded development and able be to understand the challenges and concepts as you will be working closely with the embedded software teams.
- Creative mind with lots of curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communication skills.
- The ambition to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment while developing the skills required to excel