Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Would you enjoy the challenge of contributing to our successful world-class finance department as a hands-on Financial Controller? Your job is to work in a dynamic and international environment, being part of a high-tech company.
Within ASML's Finance Department we are part of Global Enabling Services/Record to Report. We are providing reporting to the Directors of the local entities and ASML holdings.
The Financial Controller (Europe) will be responsible for the statutory and financial reporting obligations of the ASML group entities in Europe. You are part of the Consolidation & Statutory Accounting team of ASML and works closely together with the ASML Legal, Tax and the central Accounting teams as well as external auditing firms.
As a Financial Controller (Europe) you are expected to create & maintain clear insight in the nature and background of all financial reporting for the European ASML entities. As a Financial Controller you will operate in a matrix organization, being part of the global Finance organization. You will ensure that the financial statements are correct and complete creating the basis for a clean audit trail – with proper substantiation and specification. Being able to make the translation between our primary US GAAP books and Local GAAP financial statements and into the indirect and direct tax obligations is crucial in this role. You are expected and have room to continuous drive improvements to the accounting and control processes creating capacity to support the growth of ASML:
- Coordinate Europe-wide statutory financial reporting process for legal entities in alignment with the Financial Control teams in the Netherlands and local country business controllers;
- Monitor the compliance with group accounting policies as well as local regulations;
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP and report to differences with US GAAP;
- Align with/provide input to ASML Global Finance team/Tax Accounting group (The Netherlands) for periodic group reporting and consolidation purposes;
- Improve accounting and compliance related processes, creating capacity to support the future growth of the company;
- Act as overall audit engagement coordinator & primary point of contact to external auditor for legal entities in scope;
- Coordinate/prepare/assist in preparation of supporting documentation for statutory audit compliance;
- Prepare/review Country by Country Reporting information for the ASML legal entities in Europe;
- Provide input for & facilitate in preparation of local country Transfer Price documentation;
- Facilitate and manage other local financial reporting obligations (e.g. local statistics filings, surveys etc.)
- Manage and supervise the outsourced parties performing the accounting on our behalf;
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- A Master’s degree in Business Economics or Accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ audit experience in Big 4 or equivalent accounting experience in an international business environment
- Strong understanding of financial accounting & reporting processes; experience in preparing statutory accounts is an advantage
- Knowledge of/experience with applicable (tax) accounting rules in relation to US GAAP/IFRS/Local GAAP and related processes;
- Fluent in written & spoken Dutch and English.
- Good analytical, communicative and social skills. Professional and ambitious attitude. Result oriented, team player with a big sense of responsibility;
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes;
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining higher level overview;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other financial/non-financial departments.