Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Within the Engine Integration Department we are looking for an engineer for monitoring and improving engine-in-vehicle (EU/NA) performance.
You are going to act as a hub between the testing departments, vehicle integration, data analytics, and calibration engineers. Where we are looking for a person who can create overview(s), initiate analyses, monitor progress, and summarise issues (or good news) to report out.
For different phases of ongoing projects, some exemplary tasks are:
- Provide critical applications and usage collectives from field data, for proof-of-concept engine definition;
- Identify first test cases, for early vehicle testing;
- Monitor for expected performance from the start of field tests, act on gaps, possible improvements, and degradations;
- Initiate and automate monitoring of long term performance indications and act on any unexpected changes in current product.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Technical education on master level with a specialisation in automotive engineering, internal combustion engines or related.
- Curiosity, for how our engines are used in all applications, configurations, and regions;
- Initiative, to (have) dig for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine in all applications;
- Monitoring, for expected performance and any changes thereof occurring;
- Understanding, of general heat and flow physics;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on configurations and applications and their impact.