Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Engineering
Over deze vacature
The Senior Lead Data engineer translates business demand in solution designs, leveraging the big data design patterns and architectural guiderails. The SR. lead data engineers aligns identifies dependencies and overlap with other business demand and ensures that the team executes according to business requirements.
The Lead Data engineers manages his stakeholders by aligning on solution design challenges and choices made to address the business requirements. They collaborates with solution architects, competence, development team and business to ensure consistency in the overall big-data landscape.
During the development of solutions, the Sr. data engineers leads their team so that it adhering to the architectural guidance and that deviations are understood and accepted.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- SQL background, understanding the concepts of OLAP/BI querying patterns, and has paratactical knowledge in creating these solutions to support this.
- Data modelling experience, preferably on non-business process data domains (e.g. IOT, machine data)
- 5+ years (hands-on) experience with designing and building robust solutions for storing very large quantities of raw data of different sizes in the proper technology solution (eg. Hbase, HDFS, Object Storage & Oracle)
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience in designing and building both batch and streaming architectures based on SPARK (we have moved on from Spark?)
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience with columnar storage formats, and backend (Kudu, Parquet, ORC)
- Experienced integrating SQL engines into solutions (e.g. Impala, Drill)
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience with big data (hybrid) cloud concepts and implementations
- Strong conceptual thinker, has the ability to think ahead and share the lessons learnt with both technology and business stakeholders.
- Strong communicator, has the ability to effectively manage stakeholders within both Business and IT and can lead a team of data engineers.
- Experience working with Agile Release trains.
- Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude. Experienced in dealing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders when interest can be conflicting.
- Designs solutions and also willing to get hands dirty to bring these solution to life.
- Can work on his/her own, has the ability to find the right people for the right questions.