Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For the Embedded Engineering – Platform Development department of DAF Trucks we are looking for a Function Lead Engineer. As Function Lead Engineer you are responsible for the technical lead on Application Software (ASW) for all the embedded controllers we customize to support electric driven trucks.
- Monitor and discuss technical status of function/ASW development for electric truck related embedded systems with the internal stakeholders; technical status relates to both issue resolution and change requests;
- Create functional reference architecture and Software Architecture Design (SWAD) templates;
- You work closely together with the domain specialists; you coordinate domain exceeding activities within the platform and distribute domain specific activities according to functional reference architecture;
- Align with external stakeholders to be prepared for upcoming functions and features in future projects;
- Supports Product Owner on Functional and Application SW related topics
- In the position of Function Lead Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Application Software.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Required technical skills:
- Education on Master level with a specialization in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the electric powertrain functional domain
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems.
Nice to have technical skills:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of (CAN) communication and diagnostics;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.